20 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Non-WR gene WR?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    recently bro Xmant show his collections of Non-WR gene WR. Just wants to ask all the expert here about this.

from what i have googled. TW bee strain appeared in other countries like Europe and America in tanks consist of CRS, BDS, Snow White and Golden.

Please voice out your views and knowledge. thanks.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
    CRS - CRazy about Shrimps
    - Alan Phang -

You can't explain it simply, you don't understand it (well enough )..." - Albert Einstein

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Non-WR gene WR?

Unfortunately, I didn't get to see said non-WR gene shrimp's picture before it was taken down.
    What sort of views are you looking for?
    TW bees is just another strain, which should not be confused with "species". TW bees are still the same species as CRS and other related shrimps.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

yah. even if you get early form of CRS from Bee shrimps, its still Caridina Cantonosis.

sometime im just wondering if its is new type of marketing. giving new name to existing / old shrimps and make it sound like newly discovered.

- Alan Phang -

You can't explain it simply, you don't understand it (well enough )..." - Albert Einstein

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hard to ascertain without sequencing the genome in a lab. Genetically, it may indeed be a novel genotype. But phenotypically, if it's appearance is identical to an existing strain, it would make no distinctions at the hobbyist's end unless there is a reproductive or hardiness difference, which in turn would be linked to the price.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by eviltrain View Post
    yah. even if you get early form of CRS from Bee shrimps, its still Caridina Cantonosis.

sometime im just wondering if its is new type of marketing. giving new name to existing / old shrimps and make it sound like newly discovered.

What best than to ask the master shifu of the creator??

My view same species just a colour mutation. Just and example if we mix 2 human of different race he is still a human at the end. Or can give a different species humanoid?? Humid?? Hummer??

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

The owner of the shrimp ultimately holds the "copyright", if you can call it that, to any information about that shrimp. If he's not willing to divulge, there's no benefits to hounding him for it because it'll just turn into another argument.
    As long as it stays within the confines of his own tanks, we should respect his wishes to keep whichever part of the information private.

And avex30, since AQ has not lifted the ban on sales of shrimps, please do not bring any sales related disputes to this forum. That stand is very clear among the moderating team.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Non-WR gene WR?

Just my two cents, CRS has always been referred to as caridina cantonesis but actually it hasn't been ascertained that it definitely is have they? Most agree it is caridina cf. cantonesis, which just means something like "similar to". Does anyone have any conclusive information on this please?

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Draka View Post
    Just my two cents, CRS has always been referred to as caridina cantonesis but actually it hasn't been ascertained that it definitely is have they? Most agree it is caridina cf. cantonesis, which just means something like "similar to". Does anyone have any conclusive information on this please?
    Draka has pointed out something which im very interested in too. thanks!

- Alan Phang -

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

The fact that the shrimp was called non-WR already insinuates that the shrimp is being phenotypically classified.

A little misleading. Whether it was on purpose, or not.

Sent from my INO_ONE using Tapatalk 2
    Setup: ADA Cube Garden 45-P, Starlitz Clear 45, Eheim Aquacompact 40
    Layout/Hardscape: ADA Amazonia Powder Soil, Borneowild Rutsuuddo Wood (SS Root Type)
    Fauna: Apisto Trifasciata, Sundadanio Axelrodi (Blue), Yamato Shrimp

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

we have to ask the breeder of the original CRS himself then. haha.

- Alan Phang -

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Navanod View Post
    Last I know, even the origins of CRS are still being debated?
    Hi Navanod, never heard that the origins of CRS are debated. Only know that Taiwan bees origins are debatable.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by magpie View Post
    Hi Navanod, never heard that the origins of CRS are debated. Only know that Taiwan bees origins are debatable.
    My bad, I meant the taxonomy. At some point in time, bee shrimps were thought to be Caridina serrata instead of cantonesis. Origin is from a japanese breeder who was breeding "japanese bee shrimps", but exactly which species?
    If there's one thing about taxonomy...its that things kept getting moved around and changed as more info became available.

If you have any definitive papers on the species origins of CRS, can you share with us?

As for Taiwan bees and esp golden and snow whites, they are not just debated...they are mysteries!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Non-WR gene WR?

Nicely summarized bro

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Navanod View Post
    My bad, I meant the taxonomy. At some point in time, bee shrimps were thought to be Caridina serrata instead of cantonesis. Origin is from a japanese breeder who was breeding "japanese bee shrimps", but exactly which species?
    If there's one thing about taxonomy...its that things kept getting moved around and changed as more info became available.

If you have any definitive papers on the species origins of CRS, can you share with us?

As for Taiwan bees and esp golden and snow whites, they are not just debated...they are mysteries!
    i think your "japanese bee shirmp" is "china bee shrimp" Suzuki got his bee shrimps from china.

- Alan Phang -

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

"cantonensis" would've been an obvious giveaway to that, but nationality is just another way of sub-naming their shrimps I guess. To claim ownership in a way, as if shrimps would respect national borders.

Look at the "Singapore shrimp", otherwise known in the trade as fan, mountain, wood or bamboo shrimp. It's hardly exclusive to Singapore and not very well represented locally.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

try google temesek shrimp. hehe. that is the original singapore shrimp.

- Alan Phang -

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

oh. i suddenly think of something about this topic. does it means its a wine red which do not give off wine red offsprings? therefore non wine red line?

- Alan Phang -

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Protected species leh, don't get any funny ideas. Anyhow, its not colorful or interesting enough to make it popular in the trade, which is a good thing.
    Is it me, or is the thread totally OT?

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

no lei. i pulling it back to thread.

or simplily the WR off spring will come out with bkk and blue bolt but non WR?

- Alan Phang -

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast