Images
    Country
    Singapore

lights off

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    i noticed that whenever the tank lights went off at night, the fishes would go crazy, darting around.
    Quite worry that they may get hurt knocking into some hard objects or got trapped somewhere.
    Does anyone know of any light dimmer or something equivalent that can be used to minimise this traumatic experience by the fishes. I can understand the panic they have when there is sudden darkness all around.

Anonymous Guest/Not Logged In
    before your tank light goes off, just leave living room (if your tank is in the living room) on so that your fish won't get shock by the sudden darkness.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    this is an obvious solution.
    I am referring to other more automatic remedies.
    As most of the lighting is controlled by timer and one may not be at home everyday to switch on the ambient light before the tank light goes off.

Feedback Score
    Put on and off your aquarium lighting one by one using 2 or 3 timer, this is the proper way for fish and plant as well, coz in nature, sun light wont come suddenly.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ya, i am also thinking of using another timer to control a small table lamp such that it switch on before the tank light and off after the tank light.
    And off the table light during the normal on time of the tank light.
    eg the sequence could be : table on -> tank on -> table off.......->table on->tank off -> table off.

for more than one tank to control, wonder if a PLC [programmable logic controller] would do the job better.