Country
    Singapore

Whites Heat Lamp

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all fellow frog hobbyist,

Due to the recent hot weather, i have been switching on the air conditioner almost every night and my frogs' tank (an all glass terrarium measuring 60x45x60cm) is located in my bedroom. Hence forth, will like to seek advice if it is mandatory to have a heat lamp? My air conditioner thermostat is set at 17 degrees celcius so i do reckon it can get quite cold in the frogs' tank.

If needed, will an Exo Terra night heat lamp of 50W be sufficient? Since i actually have 2 pieces of these around. The link for the night heat lamp with pertaining information is at http://www.exo-terra.com/en/products..._heat_lamp.php

If otherwise, will like to listen to recommendations on which bulbs are ideal. I will lean towards Exo Terra ones as they are readily available. Many thanks in advance for the help.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Whites Heat Lamp

Yes, it may be slightly too cold for them. About 21-22 I think should be fine; but the changes should be done slowly.

Have you observed any significant changes in their activity, health, appetite etc etc at 17 celsius?

Get a digital thermometer to measure the temperature of the set up with the night lamps if you're going to use it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Everything seems as per usual, nothing out of the norm. Thank you for your advice, i do have a thermometer already installed in the tank and will monitor.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

White's can do with cooler temperatures... Low to mid 20s is fine. Just keep the humidity high...
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...