Country
    Singapore

Question on fertilisation

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hello,

I'm currently dosing Dr Mallick's LushGro-Aqua. Dosage is 15ml weekly for my 3ft planted tank with high light and CO2.

My question is, is LGA good enough? Must I supplement Potassium Sulfate, Magnesium Sulfate and PO4?

Understand that LGA already contains Potassium Sulfate and Magnesium Sulfate, but is it enough?

Tks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Depends on how you are using LGA.

If you are dosing LGA to target just 1ppm of NO3, then every other minerals that come with that dose will not be enough. However if you ask me if the ratio of minerals provided by LGA is acceptable, yes IMO. In fact K is pretty high, hence ideal for those who are very cautious about the amount of NO3 that will come with a specific dose.

LGA doesn't have P. Depending on tank requirements, PO4 can be added via KH2PO4.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    LGA, like TMG, doesn't have Ca. Ca comes from fish food and water supply or your coral chips is you use.

Mg is known to cause Ca-deficiency problem if overdosed.

So, since LGA already has Mg and your water has Mg, I don't think you need not dose extra MgSO4. But if you really want to dose MgSO4, I suggest starting with a small amount like 1ppm.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks