Images
    Country
    Singapore

sale of riccia

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    what is the norm here of selling riccia? for e.g. "$5 for one tub" means one tub full with riccia or just the surface or what?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Willy,

They usually sell in 'mats'. but most Local Fish Shops (LFS) don't usually sell or promote these now. Riccia is too messy and too much work and maintenance are involved. I do have some spare though. You can PM me.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    thanks for the generous offer but i want to sell mine.. i think mine is mini riccia as told by the shop. how is it sold here in the forum?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    haha... as this hobby takes on... seems like all the lfs will soon be out of business as we hobbyist have more plants to trade/sell among ourselves....

I bought a handful of normal riccia from Teo @$5 and a pc of mini riccia from Bioplast @$10 when I started off... I have since given away 2 batches of them and my 3rd planting is maturing soon...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    wow! good for you. this is my 1st batch that i'm selling which is cheaper than LFS but i don't know what is the market like here so i hope i don't make people feel that i'm ripping them off..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    well... fer mini riccia will be more ex... $10 for a handful shld be quite reasonable... but since u r not really out to make money u could also let other members PM u their offer.....

gd luck....

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

Hi,

Recently i paid my first visit to Bioplast (Boon Keng). I was impressed by the (6ft??) tank will taiwan moss and large riccia (correct me if m wrong), thats what the owner told me. I just wonder how the large riccia and taiwan moss grew till such a height? (abt 15") Is it possible without any internal support?

where can i get the large riccia from at reasonable price? Is it as high maintenance as normal riccia?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:206b926b0e="paranoid"]Hi,

Recently i paid my first visit to Bioplast (Boon Keng). I was impressed by the (6ft??) tank will taiwan moss and large riccia (correct me if m wrong), thats what the owner told me. I just wonder how the large riccia and taiwan moss grew till such a height? (abt 15") Is it possible without any internal support?[/quote:206b926b0e]

Did u take note of his lights?? hehe... n he also running chiller.... tt shld be the reason why his moss n big riccia can get to tt height... n the best thing is those at the bottom are not rotting away... tink the afternoon sun also plays a part on his display tanks.....

[quote:206b926b0e="paranoid"]where can i get the large riccia from at reasonable price? Is it as high maintenance as normal riccia?[/quote:206b926b0e]

didn't u enquire the price fr him?? it's $10 fer a handful..... unless u getting those tied to the mesh... which is $10 per pc.... i find the price reasonable as he will take the riccia straight fr his display tanks... wich u can tell is healthy n free from algae....

as fer maintenance... similar to normal/mini riccia.. i have bought $20 (ie. 2 handful) fr him last month... enuff fer me to cover the back n one side of my 4 x 1.5ft tank.... they r now starting to grow out of the net n the riccia wall is starting to get into shape...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

Yaah, i saw the MH lights! Suspect a chiller is a must if we want real nice plants to grow..currently my using only a fan. On a good day, i can hit 24 deg. But the boss of bioplast told me it's impossible. So i suspect my digital thermo is not calibrated accurately!!
    So it's possible for the large riccia to reach such a height? Without internal driftwood supporting?

yeah i did ask about the price for the riccia (large). yup it's $10 for a handful thou i thought it's quite steep leh. thou i dun mind to purchase some and grow them patiently. As for normal riccia i got a 1.5ft tank full of them at the base about 2.5" height. :P

Recently i paid my first visit to Bioplast (Boon Keng). I was impressed by the (6ft??) tank will taiwan moss and large riccia (correct me if m wrong), thats what the owner told me. I just wonder how the large riccia and taiwan moss grew till such a height? (abt 15") Is it possible without any internal support?[/quote]

Did u take note of his lights?? hehe... n he also running chiller.... tt shld be the reason why his moss n big riccia can get to tt height... n the best thing is those at the bottom are not rotting away... tink the afternoon sun also plays a part on his display tanks.....

[quote:e2244ff49b="paranoid"]where can i get the large riccia from at reasonable price? Is it as high maintenance as normal riccia?[/quote:e2244ff49b]

didn't u enquire the price fr him?? it's $10 fer a handful..... unless u getting those tied to the mesh... which is $10 per pc.... i find the price reasonable as he will take the riccia straight fr his display tanks... wich u can tell is healthy n free from algae....

as fer maintenance... similar to normal/mini riccia.. i have bought $20 (ie. 2 handful) fr him last month... enuff fer me to cover the back n one side of my 4 x 1.5ft tank.... they r now starting to grow out of the net n the riccia wall is starting to get into shape...[/quote]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:cc81f228a9="paranoid"]currently my using only a fan. On a good day, i can hit 24 deg. But the boss of bioplast told me it's impossible. So i suspect my digital thermo is not calibrated accurately!!
    [/quote:cc81f228a9]

haha.. if fan can get 24 deg... chillers wun be seen in shops liao... hehe... :P