3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Life Distill Water

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Anyone still using Life distill water for water change and/or top-up? The newer batch of Life bottle water has sodium listed as one of its 'ingredients', hence I was wondering if it's still shrimp friendly and safe. I normally use Alpheaus but out of convenience some time in the past, I'll just swing by the Esso petrol kiosk downstairs for a carton of Life. Now that sodium is present, I've stopped using Life as a precaution but would like to know if any hobbyist is still using with no detrimental effect. Many thanks.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Life Distill Water

Thanks for the heads up bro, I don't check it's label since it says distilled.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Life Distill Water

Hi Cherabin,

i am still using Life distilled water for my top ups with no negative effects so far.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I've managed to locate a Sheng Siong supermart 10 minutes drive away from my place that stocks Alpheaus distill water. I grabbed 3 cartons yesterday. Still uncomfortable with the sodium content that's present now in the Life distill water.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Life Distill Water

Ntuc distilled water...!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

More expensive than Alpheaus I think? I comsume about 1 carton of distill water so cost is an important aspect to address.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

how efficient in the long run, buying cartons pack compare to owning yourself distilled filter ?
    while talking your tank size is between 2 - 3 ft, and only mean for top up water purposes, instead of weekly WC

any thought to share ?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I have a Crystal Pro DI filter unit that I use for my planted aquariums. My planted tanks are stocked with fishes with only after top ups to compensate evaporation. For my dedicated shrimp tanks, I use distill water only for ease of mind as pretty often I can 'over use' the filter and not in time to replace the filter catridges.

On cost wise, I've done some simple calcalations and running a filter will be surely more cost efficient. At times though, it can be pretty tedious and a hassle to connect the filter up to the water tap main.

Most likely in front of the computer screen if the status is green.
    Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by milk_vanilla View Post
    how efficient in the long run, buying cartons pack compare to owning yourself distilled filter ?
    while talking your tank size is between 2 - 3 ft, and only mean for top up water purposes, instead of weekly WC

any thought to share ?
    It depends on how much water you top up and how often. And also if you can get any 'suckers' to help you carry the bottles of water to you house

It is not that difficult to calculate the cost, the lowest rating for a RO filter I think should be about 50 gallons per day.