Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Stone Formation

Feedback Score

Stone Formation

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I was just wondering if this ----> http://www.zoonen.com/res/user/88526...on_orig_SE.jpg

would be good for a stone formation? itīs a 1000 litre aquarium and the bottom will be covered with HC.

Is it to obvious in itīs formation?
    I think that the path leading all the way to the back would provoce some interesting viewing? or maybe the opposite?
    Plz help me. canīt decide what to do.
    Currently running 1015liter cubetank 125*125*65 , plants comin in soon. 55*55*40 cubetank, echinodorus plants only. 160*40*45 juweltank with discus. Royal Blue Vf.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    it could form a interesting valley view, if gravel on both sides are higher, or you have taller plants to create the sloping down center.

Have a little undulating mini slopes along the path and anywhere on both side (front - near center) to create slopy feels. I think, these mini-slopes do have to be arrange highest to lowest from the back. Give is some pit-holes with mild depression.

Some interesting land features could be small wood tied with java moss littered on the floor.
    人的一生﹐ 全靠奮斗﹐ 唯有奮斗﹐ 才能成功

Feedback Score

Hi there.

Jeah. agree. i could also make the slope effect by cutting HC lower in the
    middle.

Thanx for your respons.
    I will consider som other alternatives to.
    Iīll be back... 8]
    Currently running 1015liter cubetank 125*125*65 , plants comin in soon. 55*55*40 cubetank, echinodorus plants only. 160*40*45 juweltank with discus. Royal Blue Vf.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Slan,

Very interesting idea...but is HC a must tougher plant to attempt compared to glosso?

Also, I'm really interested to see the tank upon completion. It will be good if you can post it here, hee..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Slan,

Sorry, I've left this question out. But what about fast growers, etc? I mean, there could be algae problem if it is only HC right?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Slan,

How many sides will this tank be viewable from? Given that the tank has a square footprint, it's probably appropriate to skew the formation somewhat, and make one of the rock groups smaller.

This is what I mean, from top down view:
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score

Hello everyone.

Vinz.

Jeah.. youīre right. I was troubled about that maybe it would seem to symetrical.

hammy.

Iīm just in the fase of designing the stone formations, woods and so on. i will post the tank i "tank gallery" when iīve got the plants and so on. don worry, youīll get to see it 8]

Hc is a slowgrower. yoouīre right. but there will be other plants in there to. i will have a bunch of steam plants, extreme fastgrovers to see to that the algea donīt take over. though this will be a kind "low" design, eventually not much other then Hc and moss will be in there.

Iīve got another idea now though.
    http://www.zoonen.com/res/user/88526...n2_orig_SE.jpg

What about that?

Donīt you guyīs got all of these japanese gardenīs and stuff, there must be alot of information to be gathered there ?

have a good one. if you donīt fall asleep reading this message though.. got kinda long.

Hugs and kisses 8]
    Simon.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Your new layout picutre looks like chinese art.

Anyway, how many sides is your tank viewable from? From the new layout idea, I'm guessing only from 3 sides? Because of the wide sides, it'll be nice to compose the layout so that the side views look like a main view as well (hope you get my meaning).

The new layout idea looks much more interesting then your first one, but I can't really say much without seeing your planting plan. However, it looks like a view from the front only layout. Where will the taller plants be, etc?

What kind of feel are you going for? Zen?

Given that you'll be going for a low layout, I hope you'll be playing more with the substrate shape (i.e. slopes, height, etc). I'm wondering if moss and HC, with their tiny leaf size, is suitable for so large and tall an aquarium. Maybe you'll want to consider a taller or larger leaf and lower maintainance plant like C. Wendtii. Get tall rocks to dominate the scene if the rock work is meant to be the focus.

We have one large Japanese Garden and I think it's more of a tourist attraction. Not many locals go there unless they live nearby. I can't remember if they charge admission.

I don't think many locals are into Japanese style gardens here. You could wait for Aeon, an AQ member. He seems quite into it. I think he just started his compulsory army service, and should be confined to camp for the first month. He'll be able to book out on the weekends in a few weeks.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score

Hi there.

Vinz.

Maybe so! But for me, thatīs a compliment

My tank will be viewable from 3 sides.
    I get what you getting at. seems like a nice idea!.

Yeah. I think so too.

My planting plan is kinda like this. after some thinking and so on ;P
    http://www.zoonen.com/res/user/88526...ts_orig_SE.jpg
    Taller plants right at the back, itīll be lowest at front, highest at the back.

yeah. Zen is what iīm going fore actually.

I would very much like to have the rock work as a focus, but the plants will furfill the picture, if you know what I mean.

I donīt really like thise. as a foreground that is.
    but hey, maybe iīll skip the hemanthius, go right to the Hairgrass as a front plant and as you suggested C. Wendtii behind that ?

ok. Iīm very fascinated by the japanse culture and the japanse style.

Weīll see what Aeon have to say l8r. Thanks for your comments.
    Regards, Simon.