Country
    Singapore

Re: My 1st vivarium set up

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi kennethc,

Just feed it with 4 to 5 crickets (coated with calcium powder) in every 3 days, will do the trick.
    cheers
    eddy planer

Wanna to read me? Try this

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by eddy planer View Post
    Hi kennethc,

Just feed it with 4 to 5 crickets (coated with calcium powder) in every 3 days, will do the trick.
    Even not too big ones like 1 inch in size (nose to vent) ones is OK to feed every 3 days? I read that growing ones need to be fed everyday. Not sure what size constituent as "frogs in their growing stage".

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

If you feed everyday , your White Tree Frog will be seriously obesity like this

and you will kiss your flora bye bye
    cheers
    eddy planer

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

If you feed everyday , your White Tree Frog will be seriously obesity like this

and you will kiss your flora bye bye
    Hahahaha, opps i just fed it 4 crickets today. I havent start adding calcium powder yet. will do it soon

But there also different sizes for crickets.. So you mean 4-5 big or small crickets every 3 days?
    Last edited by kennethc; 22nd Sep 2013 at 21:14.
    I keep sulawesi shrimps, tetras, birds, exotic pets, herptiles and monster fishes.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

This fella ate two pinkies a week and 6 fat black crickets and roaches two times daily for about three months to see this result like" kok head luohan" LOL

It doesn't matter if you feed big or small black /white crickets in every 3 to 4 days. You will be able to maintain its mass. But please coat them with multi-vitamin / calcium powder to keep it a top condition.
    cheers
    eddy planer

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

This fella ate two pinkies a week and 6 fat black crickets and roaches two times daily for about three months to see this result like" kok head luohan" LOL

It doesn't matter if you feed big or small black /white crickets in every 3 to 4 days. You will be able to maintain its mass. But please coat them with multi-vitamin / calcium powder to keep it a top condition.
    pinkes
    I keep sulawesi shrimps, tetras, birds, exotic pets, herptiles and monster fishes.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Its Jabba the hutt!!!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I really pity the frog. Its the owners job to keep it healthy )-:

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

How long your White Tree Frog has this happening? Look like it's green pigment isn't spread nicely. Can you try to relocate your tank near the window to allow natural sunlight ( no direct sun light, please) colour
    cheers
    eddy planer

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

How long your White Tree Frog has this happening? Look like it's green pigment isn't spread nicely. Can you try to relocate your tank near the window to allow natural sunlight ( no direct sun light, please) colour
    2 weeks i managed to stopped the disease from spreading, spread to half the body.
    Now fully recovered with a small scar.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

In my opinion the tank lacks of humidity, tank substrate has no layering for water irrigation, water logging in the substrate might cause plants to rot, then decompose. Later will have mites or other insect problems, the frog waste will also not be able to wash down into the soil and that might cause skin problems to your frogs. Water bowl too small. Tree frogs love to soak themselves in water at night to keep skin moist. What substrate are you using? Please check the underside of your frogs to see are they pinkish or reddish to see are there skin irritations because from the picture it looks like potting mix which might contain fertilizer that are harmful to frogs. I suggest you re-layer your substrate foundation with clay pellets, then a layer of mesh to prevent substrate erosion into the bottom. Then the coco peat, lastly some sphagnum moss to help retain moisture. Upgrade the water bowl bigger. Use fake plants, your plants won't survive for long, as Eddy mention they will be trampled, die and rot soon. I notice some black stuffs inside at the bottom are they charcoal, if they are please remove, they might be toxic to your frogs skin.

Just some pointers to share to improve your tank's conditions.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith82 View Post
    In my opinion the tank lacks of humidity, tank substrate has no layering for water irrigation, water logging in the substrate might cause plants to rot, then decompose. Later will have mites or other insect problems, the frog waste will also not be able to wash down into the soil and that might cause skin problems to your frogs. Water bowl too small. Tree frogs love to soak themselves in water at night to keep skin moist. What substrate are you using? Please check the underside of your frogs to see are they pinkish or reddish to see are there skin irritations because from the picture it looks like potting mix which might contain fertilizer that are harmful to frogs. I suggest you re-layer your substrate foundation with clay pellets, then a layer of mesh to prevent substrate erosion into the bottom. Then the coco peat, lastly some sphagnum moss to help retain moisture. Upgrade the water bowl bigger. Use fake plants, your plants won't survive for long, as Eddy mention they will be trampled, die and rot soon. I notice some black stuffs inside at the bottom are they charcoal, if they are please remove, they might be toxic to your frogs skin.

Just some pointers to share to improve your tank's conditions.
    Thank you for your comments
    my frog got the spring disease from the previous set up. this one so far nothing happened.
    i am using the ada soil, small lava rocks, coconut peat and garden soil.
    is garden soil harmful for the frog?

I guess i will have to change the whole set up back to the old one.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Glad to hear your Whites are staying alive!
    Garden soil and ADA soil are harmless, but it's simply waste on Tree Frogs. If you still want real flora instead of plastic one in your Exxo Terra, then get a big bird-nest fern to do a temporary trick but not for too long if you aren't bother this flora at all.
    cheers
    eddy planer

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Glad to hear your Whites are staying alive!
    Garden soil and ADA soil are harmless, but it's simply waste on Tree Frogs. If you still want real flora instead of plastic one in your Exxo Terra, then get a big bird-nest fern to do a temporary trick but not for too long if you aren't bother this flora at all.
    I am currently hunting for suitable sized ones.
    not to worry, my frog is too small and light to crush my flora

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

image.jpgimage.jpg
    My set up for the newt kindly given by a fellow member here
    will add more wood and plants in the near future

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12