Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Koi keep jumping ..

Feedback Score

Koi keep jumping ..

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    My Koi keep jumping out of the water...anyone know why ??...already 1 dead, it jump out at night. Thanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    checked water parameters? nitrate?

Feedback Score
    water quality should be OK as i just change water few days ago (add salt as well) due to some "white spot" problem.

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    try putting a net over and secure them.. it could be that they are scared and cost them to jump..
    water parameters could also be another issue...
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    hello psanya,
    The similar tub i was telling u the other day....,I started out with jus 3 15cm Kois and its normal that they jump out,more often if u frighten them.I use a net to cover,only at nite. Once,while changing water,one of them jumped almost 3feet off the tub!!.. my girlfriend screamed...hahaha.
    New method i tried.....i made a fountain,some how the cone-shaped fountain stop the jumping...maybe the splashing water calm them dwn [] ... better as dnt have to cover all the time.
    ,GF

Feedback Score
    ya..mine hv a fountain in the middle, still jump...darn...can't stop them, think will join them .. train & send to china olympic for high jump competition [] []