Country
    Singapore

crabs and crayfish

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all

recently i developed an interest towards crustaceans. currently i have a pair of blue crays. i am not sure what breed but i heard its electric blue marron. i intend to breed them. the thing is, my male killed the female while she was molting. i just bought another female again. is there any advice on how to handle this? this is my 4th time keep crays. the last 3 times i just put together and they breed. there wasnt any killing. i have sufficient hiding space of them too.

as for crabs. i am looking for vampire crabs and fiddler. anyone know where i can get them? i heard fiddler no more already, is it illegal to have one in sg?

thanks!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: crabs and crayfish

C328 has a bucket of vampire crabs. Its at the right side of the shop. its on the floor, you can see their orange eyes looking at you.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Provide more shelter, and avoid water change or disturbing them when moulting. I've had crays before I started bichir for few months

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    10 (92%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by ryan90 View Post
    Hi all

recently i developed an interest towards crustaceans. currently i have a pair of blue crays. i am not sure what breed but i heard its electric blue marron. i intend to breed them. the thing is, my male killed the female while she was molting. i just bought another female again. is there any advice on how to handle this? this is my 4th time keep crays. the last 3 times i just put together and they breed. there wasnt any killing. i have sufficient hiding space of them too.

as for crabs. i am looking for vampire crabs and fiddler. anyone know where i can get them? i heard fiddler no more already, is it illegal to have one in sg?

thanks!
    Fiddler is legal. Just that it is a brackish to marine species, making it harder to keep in the aquarium. Its burrowing habits doesnt make things any easier. Hence it is not so popular and LFSs rarely stock them.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

ah ok thanks guy. hmm. for vampire crab. freshwater is ok right? and they breed only in freshwater? do they breed easily in captivity?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Yup, freshwater is okay. I guess breeding is relatively easy since i read that they breed without any special care. Apparently they goes through the larvae stage in the egg so they emerge as small size crab unlike my rainbow crab@.@