Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Aqua soil

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    134
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    21
    Country
    Singapore

    Aqua soil

    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

    Advertise here

    Advertise here
    Hi bro, I had a question. I just use ADA aqua soil, but when I add water it became very cloudy not like ADA video so clear when add water. I had being very gentle when adding water. Why become so cloudy ?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    58
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Aqua soil

    Not to worry.. The cloudy water will settle down in one or 2 days..

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    7,120
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Aqua soil

    For ADA aqua soil, the water is supposed to be added with a plastic sheet or dish on top to disperse the flow (the ADA aqua soil bag usually comes with a small plastic sleeve that you can use for that purpose)... if you do it right, the water flow would not kick up the soil and the water will be clear from the beginning, there will still be some suspended particles but your filter should clear that up within a few hours.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    100
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Aqua soil

    Sorry for asking, Can you use ada amazonia aquasoil on its own? How much should I use for a 2 ft tank?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    7,120
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Aqua soil

    Quote Originally Posted by sakuras View Post
    Sorry for asking, Can you use ada amazonia aquasoil on its own? How much should I use for a 2 ft tank?
    Yes, ADA aqua soil can be used on its own... though if you have the budget, there is also the ADA power sand base substrate (which is recommended for those planting alot of root feeding plants), and a whole range of other base additives from ADA too (depending on your planting requirements).

    Usually for 2ft tanks, one ADA aqua soil 9kg bag should suffice. But if you are creating very high slopes to the back of the tank, then perhaps a few more kg of soil may be required.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    tampines
    Posts
    180
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Aqua soil

    Take a look at this thread to see how much soil you may need according to your needs http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...t-calculations

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    134
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    21
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Aqua soil

    Quote Originally Posted by sakuras View Post
    Sorry for asking, Can you use ada amazonia aquasoil on its own? How much should I use for a 2 ft tank?
    I used 9kg for 2 ft.

    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Aquaria View Post
    For ADA aqua soil, the water is supposed to be added with a plastic sheet or dish on top to disperse the flow (the ADA aqua soil bag usually comes with a small plastic sleeve that you can use for that purpose)... if you do it right, the water flow would not kick up the soil and the water will be clear from the beginning, there will still be some suspended particles but your filter should clear that up within a few hours.
    ok, its the small particles that skim on the water surface and small dirt bubble thats hard to clear to me . .

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    134
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    21
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Aqua soil

    Quote Originally Posted by dales View Post
    Not to worry.. The cloudy water will settle down in one or 2 days..
    Yes, it clear very fast , but when you first add water its small particles all cloud up the water .

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    7,120
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Aqua soil

    Quote Originally Posted by RoyKoh View Post
    ok, its the small particles that skim on the water surface and small dirt bubble thats hard to clear to me . .
    Yeah, that's normal... its the oily residue from the soil which clump up and accumulate at the water surface. You can just use a fish net to skim the surface and remove them. Water changes will also help clear them up too.

    The good news is it only occurs with brand new ADA aqua soil, once it clears, it doesn't appear anymore, even when you re-use the soil in another tank in the future.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    3
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Malaysia

    Re: Aqua soil

    Hi, just got a tank from a friend with aqua soil(not sure what brand). Cleaned the tank and tried to dried the soil. Now using it but cloudy water cant seem to set. Already 3-4 days. Any advice guys? Thank you in advance.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    884
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Vietnam

    Re: Aqua soil

    Quote Originally Posted by Darrell.C View Post
    Hi, just got a tank from a friend with aqua soil(not sure what brand). Cleaned the tank and tried to dried the soil. Now using it but cloudy water cant seem to set. Already 3-4 days. Any advice guys? Thank you in advance.
    Cloudy water during the first few days after setup is normal. It is probably just bacteria bloom and it will settle after several days. No worries. If you like to get the immediate water clear, can try using API Accu-Clear.


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    3
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Malaysia

    Re: Aqua soil

    Ahh..Thanks very much. Thought maybe the soil has broken down hence the muddy texture and silt. Can even see the dust circulating in the tank when filter in on ��

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •