Country
    Singapore

Final Try for tank Pic

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi
    Sorley for all the troubles and ma huan given. Now I have it at homex site. should be visible now. Thanks chuay chuay to Simon

My 2 ft ADA tank

No substrate only Christmas Moss and some smaller plant one year ago

Rescape my tank some 3 months back.

Now...the E.tenellus all died, arr...I mean grow very very slowly and attack by little hair algae on the tip.

comment welcome

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    errr.. what are those plastic tubes???
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    those are glass.
    Cheers!

Benetay

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ok glass... but what are they for? i noticed one on the top left corner of the tank have a funny shape glass tube... can kindly explain what is it for?[] me still a planted tank idiot...
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    that one is the lilypipe, expensive stuff leh. check out aquagoods.com.
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi
    Those are ADA lily pipe. They serves as a water out flow and a water inflow from the tank to the external filter. Maybe the clog up algae look make it looks more like a plastic tube heh heh heh.....
    The one on the top left serves the in and if you want to air the tank (arr...at lights out) just need to raise it to near water surface and the shape of the pipe helps, instead of a straight end type. The agitation of the water surface helps to introduce O2 and causes excess CO2 to free it self. So no nit an air pump. But no time lah....usually I tilt it in an angle to have very little surface movement throughtout the time.
    BTW, I will once in a long long while remove them and soak in bleach to clean them and they will be as clean as new again. Same goes to those ADA apparatus.
    No scrubbing is needed.
    Recently broke one of them, the pipe that suck water out to the filter...[] []

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Alan aka jellydot72,

Heard you are no longer staying at Eunos.

Me too, moved to Pasir Ris last year.

Wah, your 2 feet ADA tank looks cool.
    & I see you are not using any substrate at all.

So what happens to you small cube ?
    Have always drools over that one.

Remember the very first baych of Christmas moss you gave out the other time?
    Now don't know how many generations of it have been passed on already.

You can check out those in my 16 inch cube .
    http://homex.coolconnect.com/member3...ube_130601.htm

Cheers
    Eng Chuan.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Oh Jelly, so you're THAT Alan who coined Christmas moss?
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi,
    Arr...coined Christmas Moss! No lah....not so great but I am bold to say that I was one of the first few who get hands on this plant. It was not sold in the LFS yet then in Singapore. I got it from a farm at $5 per 10 gram (wet weight hor!)[:0] It grew more and more and I gave out to many even to Australia! Yup...by noraml post heh heh heh[] Sometime I do throw away whole tub because it can be really bo eng whole day to wait for friends to collect. Now I have scale down to just this 2ft ADA tank.

Hello, Eng Chuan, so you found me out. Ya I moved liow and have shut down my 20cm ADA seamless glass cube. Still lack inspiration to start on it. Thinking of keeping only glosso or just one type of plants for that. Any suggestion?

Christmas Moss can be grown easily in almost any condition but the only different is the looks. It should be pcs of traingular shape fine leafs if given the best condition especially cool temperature. Happy Planting

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hey Alan, happened to read your posting regarding the "discovery" of Christmas moss btw, what is the scientific name for it? And what happened to those guys being sued that you were trying to help?

ps: if you bo eng with your ADA 20cm cube and want to let go, let me know!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 3/15/2002 12:53:22 AM

Hey Alan, happened to read your posting regarding the "discovery" of Christmas moss btw, what is the scientific name for it? And what happened to those guys being sued that you were trying to help?

ps: if you bo eng with your ADA 20cm cube and want to let go, let me know!
    ----------------
    Haa haa.. hwchoy, you got the wrong guy lah... That guy is Kwek Leong...

That the defense fund you are talking abt.. Against some online pet store (Name not convenient to say here).

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi hwchoy,

You shock me for a moment![:0] How do I ended up with law I am just a ordinary Alan. Well....I happens to be the first few people who started giving out these moss heh heh heh.....thanks for binbeto who clarify this matter.
    As for the 20cm cube....not at the moment to give up. Cost me much in pocket and energy to carry it back from Japan. But will have you in mind in case I really wanna give it up. No one knows what lies ahead right[]

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    hey, you confused me when you said giving away moss to Australia []

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi hwchoy,
    Sorry...if in any way I have given a wrong impression.[] When I say I gave it to Australia. I do mean I have given it to a member (from plantnutx list/forum) who is an Australian living in Australia. I got it there through normal post. It reached there in good conditioned! I have them place in a small ziplock bag sprinkle some water in it and put them in an envelope plus stamp. Maybe we can start exchanging plants this way liow![] And the news may spread that terrorist now send dangerous plants to people in Singapore! heh heh heh[] []

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Jelly, no lah, myself blur lah. []

actually bought some christmas moss today, but it is in a mat of very short "stubs", and not the triangular leaves. Is this the emersed form? If I just tie this to a rock and sink it in the tank, it will grow into triangular leaves? How long does it take?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Hwchoy,

As long as you can have one strand on the rock it will grow. They are sinking plants, even without any things to hold them down (as long as no fishes or strong water movement). Best to tie them to skinny drift wood which gives nice effect if place at good angle. Try Amano approached. The 3 points triangular theory. This is also photography theory. Dun knowhow to explain here lah..[]
    Given cool temperature plus little shade they will soon flourish into traingular leaves like those plastic type Christmas tree. []
    A
    A A
    A A
    A A