Country
    Singapore

Iwasaki MH Bulb

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi bros,

Has anyone use this MH bulb b4? I find that the bulb gives a blueish to greenish tint although stated 6500K . Do u find it too? My red plants is not as red b4 compared to FL which I use previously....any comments? will it improve later as I heard MH bulb colour will change as it ages? I am using 6500K 70Watts type.

Cheers,
    Lvanilla

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Iwasaki or other MH bulbs do give out a whiter thinge compared to FL tubes even though they are rated the same colour temp. But what I've heard from the supplier, these Iwasaki bulbs are the closest to sunlight (wonder how thru are they). These lights bulbs were designed to be used in nuseries, farms and other agricultural fields.

Based on my experience on with my Osram MH... it did not change colour even after more than a year of usage. Probably gonna be stuck with that colour spectrum.

Could it be other factors that is causing the red plants to be less red like fert, temp change etc......
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:b434644e3a="sherchoo"]Iwasaki or other MH bulbs do give out a whiter thinge compared to FL tubes even though they are rated the same colour temp. But what I've heard from the supplier, these Iwasaki bulbs are the closest to sunlight (wonder how thru are they). These lights bulbs were designed to be used in nuseries, farms and other agricultural fields.

Based on my experience on with my Osram MH... it did not change colour even after more than a year of usage. Probably gonna be stuck with that colour spectrum.

Could it be other factors that is causing the red plants to be less red like fert, temp change etc......[/quote:b434644e3a]

Hi sherchoo,

I have seen teo n gan tanks, their MH is towards yellowish hence more reddish. I tnk their are using osram.

My cardinal look off colour too.My tetra bits look orange colour. Not as red compared to my FL. Wonder when the Iwasaki lamp is age, the lamp will be more yellowish.