Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Queen Arabesques (L260)

Queen Arabesques (L260)

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hey Folks,

I'm wanting to get some of these plecos but I'm having a hard time finding much information on the net about them.. I do know that they are gathered from approximately the same places as zebra plecos, so should require similar water parameters.. I've also talked to several folks via email about their feeding habits..

Does anyone have any knowledge they could share?? I plan on putting them in a 20gal planted tank but would like to know how much space each would require before I commit to them.. I've also considered them for my 100gal tank.. Either way, I'd prefer more than one and less than four fish..

Thanks for any help!
    I''m going crazy, but that''s okay.. They know me there..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    did u try www.planetcatfish.com's gallery? sorry, not a pleco fanatics, jus trying to provide u with more info

Hey Simon,

Thanks for the suggestion.. Planetcatfish was one of the first places I checked.. All they really have are photos.. Oh well, I figure they should be able to tell me more at the location that I want to buy from..
    I''m going crazy, but that''s okay.. They know me there..

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    try asking akoh.. he is an expert on this species.. pleco..
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 3/13/2002 3:35:00 AM

Hey Folks,

I'm wanting to get some of these plecos but I'm having a hard time finding much information on the net about them.. I do know that they are gathered from approximately the same places as zebra plecos, so should require similar water parameters.. I've also talked to several folks via email about their feeding habits..

Does anyone have any knowledge they could share?? I plan on putting them in a 20gal planted tank but would like to know how much space each would require before I commit to them.. I've also considered them for my 100gal tank.. Either way, I'd prefer more than one and less than four fish..

Thanks for any help!

----------------
    Hi Oleta ! really glad that ppl are taking interesting in this interesting species !.
    Another name for L260 ( among the local L series collector ) is " Network pleco " . They belong to the Peckoltia family and they are Omnivorous hence they do chew on Plant occassionally. They do okay in 6.8 to 7.5 water and temp. should be around 28 to 30 degree C.
    Generally small tank will restrict their " growth " hence adviseable to house them in a 3' ro 4' tank ! cheers ! []

Akoh
    Safe Diving !
    Safe Diving !
    Seeking for the Ultimate Diving Adventure !
    - Sipadan, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Palau, PNG, Raja Empat ( planning for June 08 )