Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Malayan Shrimps all died

Feedback Score

Malayan Shrimps all died

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi, I do have a problem here. Introduced m. shrimps last week because the 1.5ft tank in office was overtaken with brown algae, those that looked like cotton. I put 2 SAEs, 2 mollys and about 50 shrimps. All algae disappeared within one week. Then the shrimps began to die. I thought it was food shortage, so I put in algae tablets. Zap! All died within 1 nite. Fish are still happy. Any comments & corrective actions?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi thio, firstly.. the FAQ/Help section is for probs regarding the forum.. and not in the hobby []

malayan shrimps r a bunch of hardy shrimps.. even without changing water for 6mths.. they r still alive.. did u dose yr tank with any medication? when u said died, did u see all the bodies? or not perharps yr gourami ate them... hard to determine the cause of death.. especially when malayan r so hardy

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    heh. maybe copper piping

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I am very surprised by the effectiveness of your algae army. When you say disappear you mean literally not a trace of black/brown hair?
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica