Country
    Singapore

Aura Blue Shimp in Singapore

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hello,

I've been looking around Singapore for Aura blue shrimp for a long time and i can't seem to find any.

does anyone know any LFS or breeders that sell them? would be really grateful for the information.

thanks!

nearby Wululand..a nice place northern part of Singkapoh..
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Aura Blue Shimp in Singapore

You can try GC,but better give them a call before you go as their shrimps normally sells like hot cakes...

Check out my Blog on planted tank, good for newbies ( i am lazy to retype all the info i know, so please click and read below link... i hope you don't fall asleep while reading)
    Link to my Blog

I am not PERFECT but I am LIMITED EDITION !!! BIG Tank comes with BIG Responsibility...as they makan a lot of $$....lol

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Nope, i went down to greenchapter yesterday they told me they haven't brought any of those in for about a year or 2. i have no idea where to search for them now.

nearby Wululand..a nice place northern part of Singkapoh..
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Wah, i did not know it was that long ago since i last visited GC lol...hmm the lfs i normally go don't sell expensive shrimps... Good luck bro...

Check out my Blog on planted tank, good for newbies ( i am lazy to retype all the info i know, so please click and read below link... i hope you don't fall asleep while reading)
    Link to my Blog

I am not PERFECT but I am LIMITED EDITION !!! BIG Tank comes with BIG Responsibility...as they makan a lot of $$....lol

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hello friends, there has been a sizable amount of aura blues at CRS Haven (Tampines). I like to get shrimps from them as they rear/breed their shrimps in their own tanks. The shrimps are quite stabilised at time of purchase and acclimatise better to my tank with no casualties so far.

I'm not sure about the quality or blue-ness of the aura blues you are looking for but here's a shot of one of my shrimp. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
    Last edited by hagios; 19th Jun 2013 at 15:49. Reason: Pic Link Broken

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

i have been trying to get them for very long too. bro sneakynicky if you found them please let me know ! ^^

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks hagios,

i'll look them up, unfortunately for me i have i no idea how to look at the quality for aura blues. i only have experience in looking at cherry reds and fire reds. anyway i'll just pop by tmr to take closer look. i plan to put them in my tank with my fire reds, i heard they won't cross breed.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

sure thing yiongcs, if i find them i'll pm you.

Most likely in front of the computer screen if the status is green.
    Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by hagios View Post
    Hello friends, there has been a sizable amount of aura blues at CRS Haven (Tampines). I like to get shrimps from them as they rear/breed their shrimps in their own tanks. The shrimps are quite stabilised at time of purchase and acclimatise better to my tank with no casualties so far.

I'm not sure about the quality or blue-ness of the aura blues you are looking for but here's a shot of one of my shrimp. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
    The shrimp in your facebook is not an Aura Blue. It should be a blue cherry.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Oh well. Am also not sure how to tell the difference. But the CRS haven guys are quite reliable and they told me won't cross breed. Will monitor and feedback again . They are beautiful enough for me though

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

yeah i can't tell the difference too. just looking for a really opaque blue shrimp to make a blue and red tank with my fire reds. so i guess only CRShaven has them..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by hagios View Post
    Oh well. Am also not sure how to tell the difference. But the CRS haven guys are quite reliable and they told me won't cross breed. Will monitor and feedback again . They are beautiful enough for me though
    Google is your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by sneakynicky View Post
    yeah i can't tell the difference too. just looking for a really opaque blue shrimp to make a blue and red tank with my fire reds. so i guess only CRShaven has them..
    If you cannot tell the difference then you better do more research, neocaridinas WILL cross breed.
    Last edited by cheetf; 20th Jun 2013 at 08:37.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

isn't Aura Blue Shrimp a Caridina Shrimp under (Serrata sp. Tupfel & Variants) and Fire Red Shrimp a Neocaridina Shrimp under (Heteropoda & Variants). Sounds like they are really far apart to cross

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by sneakynicky View Post
    isn't Aura Blue Shrimp a Caridina Shrimp under (Serrata sp. Tupfel & Variants) and Fire Red Shrimp a Neocaridina Shrimp under (Heteropoda & Variants). Sounds like they are really far apart to cross
    You are right, but the picture that hagios posted about the shrimp he bought from CRS Haven is not a Aura blue shrimp.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by cheetf View Post
    You are right, but the picture that hagios posted about the shrimp he bought from CRS Haven is not a Aura blue shrimp.
    Doesn't look like a blue pearl. More like a rili blue, So you're right, it is a blue cherry mutation.
    Aura blue comes with black spots and patterns. This was one I kept

Last edited by Navanod; 20th Jun 2013 at 16:17.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Oh nice Navanod! Thank you for helping to show the difference. Tried to google extensively and only clue I could put together were the black spots as visible difference.

Appreciate the confirmation

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

yup. i got mine already. black spots.
    living well with my fire red. tank is now blue and red.

does anyone know any shrimp that is solid yellow or green that does not crossbreed with fire reds and aura blues? plan to add more colour to my tank.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

normall yellow shrimps & golden back will cross with fire reds as they are neocaridinals. yellow/tangerine tiger will cross with aura blue. nothing else you can add i guess if you dont intend to let them cross.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

yeah i figured that out using a crossbreeding chart i found. looks like i'll be stuck with blue and red.

anyway i've been checking charts and i found this Green shrimp (Caridina Babaulti sp). i've been to a LFS and seen it, looks abit like a Grasshopper. http://www.planetinverts.com/Green%20Shrimp.html

The question is whether Green shrimp (Caridina Babaulti sp) and Aura blue (Caridina Serrata sp. Tupfel & Variants) would acutally cross. The charts say it won't, but being both from a Caridina family i have my doubts.

As for a having a yellow coloured one to mix with the blue and red. i think there aren't any that won't cross.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

need it urgently for my new project! anyone with lobang?
    CRS - CRazy about Shrimps
    - Alan Phang -

You can't explain it simply, you don't understand it (well enough )..." - Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast