Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Technical problem with CO2 diffuser

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Sounds incredible but a simple device such as the CO2 diffuser is giving me technical problems. I find that the tube connecting the diffuser ALWAYS gets disconnected no matter how secured i attached it to.

One day i had the luck to witness the whole event happening. It seems that when the CO2 is pumped into the diffuser pressure builds up and for some reason (maybe algae blocking the pores of the diffuser) the pressure forces the tube to be "blown off" with a sound of a mini explosion, instead of coming out through the ceremic surface of the diffuser.

I have tried cleaning the ceremic plate and things worked out okay for a day or two but the problem always return. Will it be solved if i use the better grade tubing? Right now i am using the normal type used for air pumps.
    ============================
    NEON TETRAS WOULD BE PERFECT IF NOT FOR THE ^#&*!()%@^&@%# NEON TETRA DISEASE!!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I recall reading somewhere that the normal type of tubing for air pump cannot be used for CO2 for an extended period. And the fact that they are not made to take high pressure (which is the case for CO2 fertilisation through pressured cylinder).

You have this problem because the tubing is not of the right fit to the diffusor. Perhaps the one that you have has a slighter thiner glass tube for connection. Using CO2 tubing will definitely solve this problem as it's thicker so as to withstand higher pressure.

No harm trying CO2 tubing and see and if it still does not work, then obviously you have to change the diffusor.

Do let us know the outcome or how you solve the problem.

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Yah, agree with benny on the type of tubing.

Aternatively, you could use those pneumatic tubing which can withstand higher pressure. It's also CO2 friendly.

May I know what brand is your diffuser.I've know some brands (mostly taiwanese type) does not give good diffusion and some cermaic pores easily clog up. May want to try other diffusers if your problem is not resolved.
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    hi Sherchoo

What type of diffuser you suggest? Which are the better brands?