Non Aquatic Pix: Bug's life

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    sweet, I like mantises, especially those that imitate the appearances of orchids..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Love the first two. Fantastic!

Simon, you are really tempting me to try other types of photography...

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    the mantis surprisely is so difficult to spot, especially when they are about 1cm and moves like ants :P.. so far, I spotted 2 different mantis species in AH.

yes benny... tempted to try?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    The first 2 pic are super!
    Did you use small aperture and hi-speed flash to get the background so dark?
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:9ccd67dc93="Simon"]the mantis surprisely is so difficult to spot, especially when they are about 1cm and moves like ants :P.. so far, I spotted 2 different mantis species in AH.

yes benny... tempted to try?[/quote:9ccd67dc93]
    Simon, I think you've a natural sharp quick eyes to spot those. I've never been to AH trail, looks like an interesting place to explore. I've an image of that insect of the last few. What I took is a big family of those big and small, residing on the leaf. It's interesting to see them together forming a natural pattern.

Perhaps you can learn something about your flash from the image you took. Observe the last two that cast a strong shadow on its body? Take note of your flash position. Same for the first three. Note how far is your flash? What angle to subject? That's how we become more sensitive to flash usage.

I think those whom love nature, should really try nature photography, whether insects, fungus, nature pattern, macro, or whatever nature subject. It's a rather challenging and dynamic art to engage with.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    kekkeee.. i always observe the plants and leaves as i go along..

ok, lets see if i can remember the positions, 1st & 2nd is taken almost parallel to the plane of the subject, no leaves in the background. the 3rd pic is actually inverted :P the bug was on the underside of the leaf the last 2 is among some leaves.. that will explain the light bouncing off them.

we should do a gathering for such stuff together will be enjoyable and interesting to learn from each other

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:7d54f95081="Simon"]we should do a gathering for such stuff together will be enjoyable and interesting to learn from each other[/quote:7d54f95081]Sound good. But currently not able to do photography till I start a new job. Perhaps we can have a casual gathering to talk more about it instead? I'm also hoping to view Benny travel slides!