Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Non Aquatic Pix: MacRitchie Nature Trail (Picture Intensive)

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Non Aquatic Pix: MacRitchie Nature Trail (Picture Intensive)

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    you're becoming quite the butterfly species expert..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:37147388f6="loupgarou"]you're becoming quite the butterfly species expert..[/quote:37147388f6]

no lar, the thought of going to Macritchie came up... so I just went trekking... maybe we should organise one as well... quite fun, except for the trekking portion :P

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Aiyo. Beautiful butterflies again....

When are you going to show us some fish pictures? At least shoot some corydoras. That's the easiest!

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    kekekeee.. sure thing but no St-E2 and i only left with 2 cory in my 6ft.. come join me in shooting butterflies, so fun chasing them

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    some pictures from sat's morning outing

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Wow, quite a lot for a trip like this. Nice trip. You trekked far? Was there 2 weeks ago, not photography, but trekked the entire place (15-20Km) just to relax and suck the forest fresh fragrant air.

Be careful of your metering exposure. Some of those butterflies actually have very brilliant colors if taken at a good exposure. Remember the concept of neutral grey metering rules.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:06fc5c419b="naturetan"]Wow, quite a lot for a trip like this. Nice trip. You trekked far? Was there 2 weeks ago, not photography, but trekked the entire place (15-20Km) just to relax and suck the forest fresh fragrant air.

Be careful of your metering exposure. Some of those butterflies actually have very brilliant colors if taken at a good exposure. Remember the concept of neutral grey metering rules.[/quote:06fc5c419b]

not really that far, started at Macritchie, walked thru the nature trail towards the ranger station at Sime. should be less than 10km to and fro

mabe I should using the grey card for white balancing?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:91316a93c9="Simon"]mabe I should using the grey card for white balancing?[/quote:91316a93c9]White balancing? Grey card is not for that. Yes, grey card can sometimes help with tricky exposure problem. Though I've a grey card, but I seldom, if not never use it. Once you're familiar with metering accurately after more trial and error, you don't really need that.

What you need to do is be aware of the neutral grey concept which is the most important, then make every conscious effort to learn about your exposure mistake everytime it happen. This is to help you understand how the camera metering system works. Progressively, you'll make improvement in predicting your exposure before you actually click the shutter.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:3298f265f7="naturetan"][quote:3298f265f7="Simon"]mabe I should using the grey card for white balancing?[/quote:3298f265f7]White balancing? Grey card is not for that. Yes, grey card can sometimes help with tricky exposure problem. Though I've a grey card, but I seldom, if not never use it. Once you're familiar with metering accurately after more trial and error, you don't really need that.

What you need to do is be aware of the neutral grey concept which is the most important, then make every conscious effort to learn about your exposure mistake everytime it happen. This is to help you understand how the camera metering system works. Progressively, you'll make improvement in predicting your exposure before you actually click the shutter.[/quote:3298f265f7]

ok, I go read about that too :P thanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Simon !, thot the subject for BG outing was " birds " ? any pics ? cheers !

akoh
    Safe Diving !
    Safe Diving !
    Seeking for the Ultimate Diving Adventure !
    - Sipadan, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Palau, PNG, Raja Empat ( planning for June 08 )

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:0bf24e3ad5="akoh"]Simon !, thot the subject for BG outing was " birds " ? any pics ? cheers !

akoh
    Safe Diving ![/quote:0bf24e3ad5]

got, that was on sat, this is on sun :P

here are some average taken pics