Singapore

First attempt on CRS tank

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here

Stuff that i got 2 weeks ago from sea view ~

HOF that i'm using

Went to buy this GEX L fan to add on to my tank ~ pretty please with the temperature that i am getting right now. 21 degree was achieve when it was switch on with the aircon yesterday hehe ! Normally my 21 degree is late in the night when i'm fast asleep than can achieve de hehe~

Here is today's temperature for the whole afternoon~ just fan without aircon ~ highest it will hit is 26 degree ~

Went to Green Chapter on Sunday to get some mineral rock,old sea mud powder, Shi Zhen powder & some mini fissiden ~ the marimo moss ball was bought long ago in ebay, surprise to see it still so green in my jug haha ~ so decided to give it a good wash and place it in my tank ~

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: First attempt on CRS tank

Simple and nice setup for shrimps. See that you have bought a big packet of mineral rocks and old mud sea powder. I don't think you need that much of minerals for your shrimp tank. You have to take note of high GH.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by magpie View Post
    Simple and nice setup for shrimps. See that you have bought a big packet of mineral rocks and old mud sea powder. I don't think you need that much of minerals for your shrimp tank. You have to take note of high GH.
    Thanks bro ! yea it only comes in this packet ~ yups I only place one rock and only dose one small spoon of old sea mud in to my tank ~

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

How do you feel about the fan? I have the same tank and am now contemplating on whether I should get crs or badis badis.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by sakuras View Post
    How do you feel about the fan? I have the same tank and am now contemplating on whether I should get crs or badis badis.
    Evaporation rate very high might wanna save up on a second hand chiller ~ but temperature now still okay ~

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

The hot weather plus the fan evaporation is so high. I scared the tds increase very sharp.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by sakuras View Post
    The hot weather plus the fan evaporation is so high. I scared the tds increase very sharp.
    Yea ! today weather is super hot.. Thats why thinking of a chiller to be on the safe side. Will test out my fan setup first see how it goes. If really terrible than bo bian liao chiller le.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

If this fail for CRS than this tank i will convert to sakura shirmps than i will get a 2ft with chiller for CRS ~

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

If you intend to keep high grade CRS would suggest investing in a 2nd hand chiller like the Resun CL 280.
    For your daily water top ups if you use distilled or RO water should be fine.
    Good luck on the tank!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by AndyPeh View Post
    If you intend to keep high grade CRS would suggest investing in a 2nd hand chiller like the Resun CL 280.
    For your daily water top ups if you use distilled or RO water should be fine.
    Good luck on the tank!
    Hi Andypeh thanks for the info ~ i plan to keep low grades CRS first if everything okay i will upgrade to a 2ft tank and get a chiller Any idea how much a brand new Resun CL 280 cost & where can i find it ?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Just bought this from Ebay yesterday, just shipped out hehe! hopefully will reach me safely! will be using this to control my evaporation rate ~

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

nice setup. im amazed that the fan can maintain 26deg highest without aircon. is it noisy?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by josephogk View Post
    nice setup. im amazed that the fan can maintain 26deg highest without aircon. is it noisy?
    Hehe ! thanks ! the secret is i place the tank in my room and with curtains to block out any sun lights~ In the morning when i wake up for work i make sure that i keep as much cold air to be left in the room by not opening my room door too wide or just keep it close, so that when i on my fan it will be like blowing cold air . for noise the fan i use still okay, in the night the fan is off and the air con will be on again so didn't really distub my rest or anything ~

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Wow, how does this work? This is a chiller?? Please pardon my ignorance. Really keen to find out

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Yea. Interested in knowing what is the product.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Kenfch View Post
    Wow, how does this work? This is a chiller?? Please pardon my ignorance. Really keen to find out
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepp90 View Post
    Yea. Interested in knowing what is the product.
    This is not a chiller ~ it is a thermostat plug for my fan. There will be a probe thing for you to place in your aquarium water. so let's say you wanna set the temperature range at 25 so when the water hit 25 and above it will kick start the electricity and power my fan on. when it cools to 25 and below it will power off, something like a timer but with temperature control This will help on my evaporation rate as it will control the time on how often the fan will power on instead of just letting my fan run through out the morning

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

That item looks like a thermostat-based power controller. You set the temperature and once the sensor detects the required temperature, it shuts off power to the fan. Whether it will work, or just another quack product from China, I don't know. I had a multi-socket plug melt on me recently. Apparently the wiring within was faulty. That item in the pic seems to show the power consumption at 2000 W, unless it means something else in Chinese. That in itself is big chunk of energy consumption. A cheap chiller like the Resun CL280 only uses 280 W in comparison.

26 degree Celsius is achievable with a fan, based on several factors. However, on exceptionally hot days, the fan will not be able to cope. I don't use a fan for my community tank and the evaporation rate is already insane. Better to use a chiller if you want peace of mind, especially if you intend to keep high grade ones in the future.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by stormhawk View Post
    That item looks like a thermostat-based power controller. You set the temperature and once the sensor detects the required temperature, it shuts off power to the fan. Whether it will work, or just another quack product from China, I don't know. I had a multi-socket plug melt on me recently. Apparently the wiring within was faulty. That item in the pic seems to show the power consumption at 2000 W, unless it means something else in Chinese. That in itself is big chunk of energy consumption. A cheap chiller like the Resun CL280 only uses 280 W in comparison.

26 degree Celsius is achievable with a fan, based on several factors. However, on exceptionally hot days, the fan will not be able to cope. I don't use a fan for my community tank and the evaporation rate is already insane. Better to use a chiller if you want peace of mind, especially if you intend to keep high grade ones in the future.
    Hi Mod ~ yes i'm looking for a resun-cl280 chiller already as i'm afraid that if i go on a holiday than there is no one to monitor the tank for me

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Wish you best of luck on your chiller hunt. I went for a 2 week holiday last year, came back to overgrown tank with so many floating plants

Once you get your chiller, I guess the only other thing to think about is attaching a modified external thermostat probe to ensure the chiller works accurately.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by stormhawk View Post
    Wish you best of luck on your chiller hunt. I went for a 2 week holiday last year, came back to overgrown tank with so many floating plants

Once you get your chiller, I guess the only other thing to think about is attaching a modified external thermostat probe to ensure the chiller works accurately.
    Thanks Mod hehe ! . May i know which LFS sell the Resun-cl280 ? seems to have no luck finding second hand one

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast