2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: TWINSTAR NANO for inhibition of algae

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I think that price is for a whole set? Since replacement is needed maybe it is just the plate.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by qool View Post
    I think that price is for a whole set? Since replacement is needed maybe it is just the plate.
    Yes,it is the price of the whole set.
    What i was told is that the plate need to be change yearly, but i have no idea how much.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Is it similar to the "plasma cluster" ion generator in air purifier?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

that what the rumor said
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Yup,that what i heard too,they never actually reveal what the technology is.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Green chapter folks are trying them out in their display tank. IF this actually works the BBA algae over in their second tank should be minimized.... time will tell.

Currently no stock yet only testing sets, but they are taking pre-orders. The question of the plate replacement is real ... a yearly affair but no disclosure of pricing yet.
    Last edited by qool; 24th Aug 2013 at 21:07.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

[QUOTE=qool;738325]Green chapter folks are trying them out in their display tank. IF this actually works the BBA algae over in their second tank should be minimized.... time will tell.

Currently no stock yet only testing sets, but they are taking pre-orders. The question of the plate replacement is real ... a yearly affair but no disclosure of pricing yet.[/QU

Think already stated in website it doesn't work on bba

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

hair algae and bba not affectes

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

My bad did not see the bba part. But nevertheless based on the website hair algae is suppose to be include in the affected listing.

Somewhere on a tiny Island call Sillypore
    Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

How to see if it really works... Use it in a tank of green water. If the tank clears to crystal clear. It works! Currently I'm using uv light and its a bitch when it comes to changing the blown uv lamps. Filter got to stop, got to unplug uv light and so on...becomes a watery mess. This will be a good alternative if it works like the uv light. Simple and easy to maintain.
    Eugene (^_^)
    De Dwergcichlide Fanatiek
    Now swimming: Plecos and Apistogrammas

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by genes View Post
    How to see if it really works... Use it in a tank of green water. If the tank clears to crystal clear. It works! Currently I'm using uv light and its a bitch when it comes to changing the blown uv lamps. Filter got to stop, got to unplug uv light and so on...becomes a watery mess. This will be a good alternative if it works like the uv light. Simple and easy to maintain.
    Agreed.... David if you are reading this,go for it..
    about your UV light,you should run a bypass hose connecting to the Uv light with throttle valve control switch.
    So if you need the UV,just the on the valve and the water will flow through the UV set,turn the valve off and the flow switch back to normal
    so no need to stop running filter to change the light bulb. I hope you get what i mean. I have that set up in my cabinet.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Yup. Understand what you're saying. I didn't use throttle valve. Mine is just the valves to disconnect the uv. So got to stop my filter. Throttle valve sounds good.
    Eugene (^_^)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

There are effects on hair algae, BGA and green spot. The 3 most irritating algae for a planted tank in my opinion.
    Eugene (^_^)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Any updates on testing by GC? Really like getting this or/and ozonizer and seneye.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

@ Genes...what kind of UV are you using? most external UVs you need not have to turn off filter nor create a water mess? Unless you are using a chiller internal UV?

@ Zero...Nope...I will not try this because I don't buy their concept. to my understanding, the only way to stop algae or cyanobacteria type of algae is the destruction of the cell nucleus and/or its DNA and the only proven way is through UVC and/or perhaps the use of chemicals. As with such method, its like a wide spectrum antibiotic...it does not differentiate what to kill and what not to kill....it kills all in its path.

The fact that it has no effect on green water, BBA and hair algae leaves a lot of question marks.
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The title below my name does not make me a guru...listen at your own risk!...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Australia

the process is electrolysis. it uses electricity to break down water into hydrogen and oxygen gas. the latter will increase your aquarium O2 levels which will definitely help the fish/shrimp. some small amount of ozone will be produced also, so this device will increase your ORP above normal--slightly higher than a healthy tank with oxygen at saturation. the high ORP is what will kill simple organisms like algae spores. the high price is probably due to use of platinum mesh for the electrodes..it is possible to clean them either by flushing or dumping in pure water and reversing the polarity........

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I brought system and tested it from my humble opinon it is not worth it.

Cons:
    Algae does not seem to be cut down after using it. If your tank is one that has very and I mean very little algae in first place the effect might be better. Which is why I think this product is more for a new tank. If yours is like mine which has algae but manual clean up before setting up the system the effect you see is kind of disappointing.

The plate which is suppose to be clean become covered with algae makes you lose faith in the system but I was prepared to see this.

Pros:
    But the effect of misting is cool the fishes seems to love it.... so much my hastasus make it a point to investigate the plate each time it does the misting.

so far thats my review.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Bought one unit to try, been 2 weeks since I planted my 2 feet tank. 2 sets of Pro-Z lights on 6 hours a day with CO2 at about 6 bps at 7 hours a day (activated 1 hour before lights switched on). From personal observation, plants seems to be growing well and not a single spot of algae so far. Will be increasing the timing for lighting to 8 hours once the plants are better established and will update again. One thing I noticed is that the bubbles when released do not dissolved in the water immediately and left on the surface of the water.

Agree with qool that this product is meant more for new tanks rather than mature tanks that already have algae problems.

Hope this helps. Wonder if Green Chapter will bring in the replacement parts in future.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I think many would like to see if the product can minimize those algae already infesting the tank. I think new tank should be ok but the test is on mature tank with chronic algae infestation due to certain conditions is
    what consumers really like to see.

I will get this item and use it on my tank which have persistent hair algae problem even with wc, EI dosing and 24/7 inline UV sterilizer. Partly due to my deep tank of 2.5ft and high lighting to penetrate to foreground plants deep below.
    Anyway I get hold of it first soon and try it for myself, you all have to wait for the results.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast