Country
    Singapore

Started from Long Kang fishing

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all!

Attended a kids birthday party that had long kang fishing, managed to catch quite a few to bring back.

So had to do something to them if not they are destined to die, although quite a few has died...

Bought a simple pump, sponge filter... followed by a 30cm x 7cm x 25cm tank and a mini scavenger fish...

As I continued this journey, I realized that there is just so much information and knowledge about rearing fish.

Hope to learn more here, and maybe upgrade to nicer fish...

Looking at the fish droppings, I'm thinking of getting the filter that can hang on the tank and suck up the droppings.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Started from Long Kang fishing

Hi, yeah man. Rearing fishes open up a whole new world to alot of us here. There are just so many types of fishes that I wish I could collect them all.

I suggest you not to be too hasty in getting anything yet, since you have a small tank now, research and see what type of fishes you want to keep. The types of fishes available are comparable to the types of aquarium accessories in the market.

Also look at the space you can commit, your budget and time. More space, budget and time allows you to keep alot more fishes, but be prepared you might just keep spending and spending and spending just like me. I started not long ago too, just about 1 month back =)

nearby Wululand..a nice place northern part of Singkapoh..
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

welcome... I also started from long kang fish caught together with my dad... lol

Just do weekly water change with anti-chlorine treated water will do. alternatively, you can set up a mini ecosystem like most of the hobbyist in this forum ( poison you). If you want more information, you can visit my blog for more poison...erm information

Check out my Blog on planted tank, good for newbies ( i am lazy to retype all the info i know, so please click and read below link... i hope you don't fall asleep while reading)
    Link to my Blog

I am not PERFECT but I am LIMITED EDITION !!! BIG Tank comes with BIG Responsibility...as they makan a lot of $$....lol

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Welcome to the hobby...
    ka-ching

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Thank you all for the warm reception and tips!

I added a HOB filter, I thought I would be okay with the water flow sound...

But now I wanna do something to reduce the water sound... cos I don wanna add water until that high...