6 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Rainwater Harvesting

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I remember a conversation in one of the threads here as to whether it was legal to collect rainwater for aquarium use.

http://waterqualityinsingapore.blogs...esting-in.html

Before 2004, collection of rainwater was forbidden except for the use of pails in residences. Building a rainwater tank was strictly a no-no. Rationale: rainwater was a property of PUB acting in the best interests of the nation in water conservation and rainwater collection via the canals and drains that ultimately flow into reservoirs (technically, only two-thirds of the land area here is available for rainwater catchment so not all rainwater is channelled into reservoirs). Yes, you are expected to let the government handle YOUR water needs. What a mentality...

Since then, even though not widely known, rainwater harvesting has been legalised for households as long your rainwater storage tank is no bigger than 5x2x2m (or you will have to pay a levy for wastewater treatment) and your rainwater is for non-potable uses.
    Small is beautiful.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Rainwater Harvesting

didn't know abt this. thx for the info!

Feedback Score
    37 (97%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Rainwater Harvesting

Wow! Unbelievable! I thought that this only happens in the States. What nature provides free of charge have been taken by greedy corporations/official to make profit. First the land/earth that we stand on, then the water, and then what's next? The air we breath of course!

Don't believe me? It is already happening in the form of "carbon tax" with their excuse of "global warming" and "saving the environment".

Thanks for the information.