Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: My Impression of the Maxspect Razor 420 120watts LED (8000K)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: My Impression of the Maxspect Razor 420 120watts LED (8000K)

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbit6003 View Post
    I'm currently using the maxspect razor 60W 8K on my 18L tank, intensity is at 70% on both channels.

Plant growth is good as I compliment the strong lighting with good dose of liquid fertilization and CO2. However, I noticed that even as the growth is lush, my Rotala rotundifolia remain green instead of reddish shoot, a friend of mine observe the same with his 120W.

Here's my tank in the thread:
    http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...679#post763679

Anyone has any comments on the light's impact on their red plants?
    I have Ludwigia Glandulosa at the back of my tank with the Razor close to it. When I first bought it, it was so red but within 1 half week, it turned green. I was thinking it's due to lights as I ran the Razor at 50% only.

I have heard many say that iron and light are the main factors, but then many also said no. Out of curiosity, I went ahead and got ADA iron bottom, pushed 2 tabs into the Ludwigia area which is only about 14 by 10cm. Surprisingly it turn much redder and i did not adjust the light. Never as red as before though. I am not sure if it was the iron tabs but anything alse remained the same. Another interesting thing was 2 weeks ago I trimmed them as they were getting too tall, they turn back green. I don't know why, but they look healthy.

Feedback Score
    37 (97%)
    Country
    Singapore

Can I check with the bros here who have use this light. It seems form the brief reads that I have in this thread, most if not all of you did not turn the lights to 100%.
    In that case what would be a better set up for a 4' x 1.5' x 1.5' with the light suspended at 20cm above the water surface?

1. 2 x MAXSPECT Razor 120W

or

2. 2 x MAXSPECT Razor 160W

or

3. 1 x MAXSPECT Razor 3000W

Mine is a heavily planted tank.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I'm not owning razor, but mine is also dim able.
    I feel proper light spread cover against your tank size is more important to be determined before your coming purchase. Light power can be adjusted later based on the necessity, it's the benefit for dim able light fixture

Feedback Score
    37 (97%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by milk_vanilla View Post
    I feel proper light spread cover against your tank size is more important to be determined before your coming purchase. Light power can be adjusted later based on the necessity, it's the benefit for dim able light fixture
    Thanks milk_vanilla. Does that means option 1 or 2 better? Since they are separate units and can relocated to the exact place you want? in that case, 120W x 2 pcs enough?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I'm not really familiar with razor model, but if i were you and budget it's not your constraint i will take the higher model, you could play with the power anyway later on.

But please explore their dimension too, when you hang them both side by side.

Feedback Score
    37 (97%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by milk_vanilla View Post

Hmmm.... proper light spread cover. In that case will this be a better option?
    http://www.delightings.com/index.cfm?GPID=109

Looks like it can be independently positioned to focus on different areas of your tank.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi. I have a 60cm height tank. Vol of approximately 190 litres after counting in sand rocks etc. What % do you reckon i should start at and how many hrs for the photoperiod?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Phoon View Post
    Hi. I have a 60cm height tank. Vol of approximately 190 litres after counting in sand rocks etc. What % do you reckon i should start at and how many hrs for the photoperiod?
    IMO, if you are hanging, can consider about 40cm above tank. Start of 30-40% and ramp up gradually. My guess most users will stop arnd 70% range as the lights are pretty bright. Longer duration and stronger intensity will also leads to algae.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Am running on 60 percent .. 7 hours including ramming up and down .. only keeping simple plants and shrimp

uploadfromtaptalk1447789719364.jpg

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

how big is your tank?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456