Country
    Singapore

Lushgro Aqua sediments?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,

Those who are using or have used Dr Mallick's Lushgro Aqua, did you notice sediments/particles near the bottom of the bottle? When I add LGA to my tank, there are red cotton/mucus-like suspension in the solution as well... I did a search but seems that none encountered this before? Bought the fert just a couple of months ago, does that mean that the fert has turned bad? Will this be harmful to the fishes? Can anyone advise? Thanks.

Himyick

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    That is probably mold/fungus or bacterial growth. Usually, it is harmless to fishes. Most comercial fertilisers have additive to prevent this. I know only Seachem Flourish recommends refrigeration to prevent mold.

BC

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I'm no expert but my guess is the sediments/particles, are oxidised iron, Fe^3+ which is basically rust.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    My guess is that we may have contaminated it somehow, accidentally with tank water or dirty fingers etc. and fungus started to grow in there. But I continued using it without problem.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    mi also have the problem. but is seem harmless to the fishes

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Btw, how long is the shelf life of a bottle of LGA?

Himyick

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I email this Qs through Dr Mallick Homesite... He informed me that the Reddish cotton like precipitate is bascially bacteria growth... It can be added into the tank and have not ill effect on the fishes.

My LushGro Aqua after few month turn Dirty Brown (like water chestnut drink)... but I was reassure by Dr Mallick himself that is it still usable.

Also reccomended by him that I can store the LGA in refrigerator to slow down the process of bacteria growth.
    Baby Steel!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:9baa04a7a5="limsteel"]I email this Qs through Dr Mallick Homesite... He informed me that the Reddish cotton like precipitate is bascially bacteria growth... It can be added into the tank and have not ill effect on the fishes.

My LushGro Aqua after few month turn Dirty Brown (like water chestnut drink)... but I was reassure by Dr Mallick himself that is it still usable.

Also reccomended by him that I can store the LGA in refrigerator to slow down the process of bacteria growth.[/quote:9baa04a7a5]

I personally have some experience on this including a few of my friends,

1. You will see chilly red precipitate after a few month, I doubt any mould or bacteria has this color.

2. You put in the fridge from day 1, and it will still precipitate.

3. After a while all the solution turn dirty brown color.

4. At this stage, I filter off the red precipitate, and no further red precipitate is being form. If you say this is bacteria, it should continue to form but it doesn't. I think it is some component being precipitate out from the solution...why I say so...read on...

5. The solution turn brown but I stll continue to use, realise the effectiveness has gone down...increase my dosage slightly...

6. Then few months later, solution turn light yellow, still no sight of so called 'bacteria' reformation. This time, I have to double dose the fert... and plant health are getting worst and many plants are going...

7. Change a new bottle of fert, all plant back to life again.

Just my experience and opinion.....take note of the color change of your LGA....If in doubt, change a new bottle.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Hallo,

Today, I went down to buy some LushGro Aqua since mine turned bad. Persist in using it because it is economical and reasonably good.

When I went down to one of the retail shop...to my supprise, the new shipment of Aqua has a WHITISH SEDIMENTS at the bottom of the bottle. Ask about it but the sales person also just realised these observation. It was not seen in the older batch of AQUA. I wonder what is that, so I shook one of the bottle hard, after a few minutes, the sediments forms again, like kind of white suspension which will settle after some time.

Then my 2nd supprise! The level of SEDIMENTS are different in different bottles. SOme bottle (comparing all 500ml bottle) have close to 1inch sediments, some has less than 1cm sediments.

I really wonder what are those stuff, If it is part of the ingredients, it worries me even more.....Then how could every bottle contain different amount...there goes my confident in using it...So I went off without buying....Still wondering..

Can anyone explain?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    How can you prove that the fertilizer went bad? Plant reactions? Are you sure the other parameters are good? I doubt those precipitation are enough to prove that the fertilizer has indeed gone bad. Seachem flourish does have precipitate over time and so does TMG. Does that prove anything? I doubt so...You can always email Dr Mallick offlist to confirm with him.

Regards
    Peter Gwee

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Actually in liquids, sedimentation usually means there are NO extra ingredients used to emulsify, stabilise or weigh the suspension. That's why your clear, sedimentless soft drinks have so much ingredients with long chemical names, while some quality beer and premium soft drinks (e.g. some brands of lemonade sold in glass bottles) will develop sediments and clouds, because no textural additives are added.

But best call or write the M man himself....

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    The 500ml (?) bottles in which the LGA is sold is prone to contamination whenever you handle the cap.
    Now, I pour some the LGA into a plastic ketchup bottle (or those sewing machine oiling bottles) and dispense from there. Seems better. I will be observing if the LGA in both bottles are contaminated over time.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I just use my fish net as sieve and transferred them into another bottle.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Did anyone notice the white sediments in the new batch of LGA? about one cm thick at the bottom, you shake it hard and it will come back in about a minute time, not soluble. As seen on the shelf, not notice that in the previous batch.

Different sediments thickness in different bottle

I am talking about the new batches!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:0f132035ea="juggler"]The 500ml (?) bottles in which the LGA is sold is prone to contamination whenever you handle the cap.
    Now, I pour some the LGA into a plastic ketchup bottle (or those sewing machine oiling bottles) and dispense from there. Seems better. I will be observing if the LGA in both bottles are contaminated over time.[/quote:0f132035ea]

Two weeks ago, I open my new bottle of LGA. It was without sediments and the red precipitate. I transferred some of it carefully to my dosing bottle.

Now both bottles have the red precipitate. I wonder what has contaminated it or cause this reaction...
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Togo
    i juust shake hard to break up the sediments and just dose it. Doesnt seem to have any harm, after awhile it tends to dissolve in the water.
    Cheers
    Bryan

Feedback Score
    Country
    Indonesia
    I'm tempted to put LGA (and other liquid ferts) into several small bottles and freeze them. Will freezing have any adverse effect ?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    putting it into e fridge will slow down the process. These sediments are harmless. Other established brands have this problem too

Feedback Score
    Hi, where can i get LushGro Aqua? It comes with two bottles? An dark blue and red solution? Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:4c793abb75="Shaun-"]Hi, where can i get LushGro Aqua? It comes with two bottles? An dark blue and red solution? Thanks in advance.[/quote:4c793abb75]

Can check the distributors at http://www.singaporehydroponics.com or check with crusader above.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast