Singapore

Re: Peltier Cooler Chiller unit

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hi,

if want to share just do it regardless.
    if you can't take some folks bluntly saying not as good as compressor but say you can.

come'on la, after proclaiming you can take negative comments about tec , you send this scarsatic word back at people this way.

take a humble pie like you say okay?

p.s: i saw more monster of a power eating tec water chiller in alibaba.com.
    Learning the hardway, not the highway.
    Photo Blog - impervious-endeavors.blogspot.com

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Ok, people....let bygones be bygones..
    Let Ts finish his project.
    @energion - there is a cooling block that is made of stainless steel i think the brand is koolance.
    you can check that out.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Energion View Post
    Well I am sorry for trying to share with the community something interesting. I am also sorry you had step in all high and mighty assuming I am someone you had beef with in some other previous post, hijacking the thread with some goofy guy's theories and links, asking if I was upset when I feel offended of you jumping into conclusion and hijacking the thread, calling me childish & rude for making my personal felt remark which then became education level something?!?! and stating very clearly you are a moderator and what a moderator suppose to do.

Junior member here, I wouldn't dare disrespect a moderator like you.

Hope my attitude was good enough for you now ya.

Btw, I am not here for people to favour the thread or anything. It's more of a thread for people who is keen to use Peltier coolers.

Thanks.

Cheers~

PS: Since now you made sure I am not the goofy guy you are talking about, you might want to let me be as I am sharing info to the community and not making a nuisance. Peace out~

Wow, condescending, selective memory and selective reading! If it was your choice to start something, you've done it buddy! This is the start of YOUR post-

Hi guys,

Even though with so many negative inputs for TEC Chillers, I would like to share with you guys mine that I just built.
    Reading this alone, you created an untruthful remark. So many negative input? Where? From the thread before yours? In that thread, that person wants to chill a 3x2x1/1.5/2ft tank with a tec chiller. Even when we nicely tell him it shouldn't be done, he proclaimed he is a professional in that field. In the end, he DID NOT read the topic starter tank dimension and beat a retreat. In your case, where is the " so many negative inputs for TEC chiller " ?

Do I sound upset to you? I don't think stereotyping people is right ya. He might be correct with his theories.. you are no PHD in this yourself.. btw, I didn't bother to read his theories.. too long... too boring...
    This is your post, no modification done on my part. You are the one mentioning that I have no PHD, don't tell me you did not read what you post?

Well I am sorry for trying to share with the community something interesting. I am also sorry you had step in all high and mighty assuming I am someone you had beef with in some other previous post, hijacking the thread with some goofy guy's theories and links, asking if I was upset when I feel offended of you jumping into conclusion and hijacking the thread, calling me childish & rude for making my personal felt remark which then became education level something?!?! and stating very clearly you are a moderator and what a moderator suppose to do.
    You were the one assuming your topic interest were not favored by your 1st post in this section. When you post that, it caught my attention and I check previous diy chiller post in this section until 5 page back and found none. You've read from this thread and you assume-

http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...quarium-Cooler

Come in high and mighty? This is one of the section that me and my fellow moderator are in charge of. It was on your part that you start a post after reading the above thread and post something untruthful. My reaction was from your 1st post in this thread. You create a situation, I will react, as simple as that. Like I said before, check that attitude at the door.
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

just let it rest and don't derail from topic can? wan settle dispute do it through pm. I don't care moderator or not, both shouldn't go from healthy or unhealthy discussion to shooting each other and go off topic. hopefully some mods can delete all the attack posts

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Let's stick to the original topic. As always with the Internet, lack of face to face leads to misunderstanding. Both parties have good intentions, so leave the misunderstanding behind and move on, ok?

It'll be nice if someone offers an apology first, the other reciprocate, both "shake hands" and move on.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 4
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

My 2 cents, since I'm using a watercooled PC and I had been quite active in the past with watercooling.

1. Aluminum will corrode very quickly in acidic water.
    2. Aluminum is very toxic when dissolved in acidic water. Aluminum is toxic to fish in acidic, unbuffered waters starting at a concentration of 0.1 mg/L.
    3. Galvanic corrosion would greatly speed aluminum corrosion if you have any other types of metal in the loop. Even stainless steel is not 100% safe, especially if there's chloride in the water.

For the above reasons, I'm very skeptical that the aluminum block can last a year in an aquarium with constant flow. Where did you get that info from?
    I'm also worried about how the livestock would take the aluminum in the water.

Zerofighter may have a point about looking into using a stainless steel block instead, although I'm not sure if Koolance is the brand selling it. Koolance used to be one of the few companies that insisted on using aluminum, which made them rather unpopular with some parts of the watercooling community. Maybe they finally moved away from it.
    Stainless steel however, is a poor conductor of heat...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

A micro-controller with temperature sensor will do for a controller. I can do up a simple circuit design for you. Good to see DIY projects..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12