3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Mouldy MMNM?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Not sure if my fertilizer turn mouldy as after 2 weeks could find floating flaky substance. Can I still continue to use ?. Anyone using MMNM have a similar experience?. Or am I not mixing it correctly?.
    3ft Tank. Eheim 2028. ADA soil. LIghting 2 X 39 T5 / pressurized Co2 @ 8hrs/day.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Mouldy MMNM?

What do you mean turn mouldy?
    It is like a slimy thing that float in and around the tank before it sink?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by zerofighterx101 View Post
    What do you mean turn mouldy?
    It is like a slimy thing that float in and around the tank before it sink?
    Could not see very clearly but something like fine tissue papers. Only notice it when pouring fertiliser into measuring cup. Either it gets dissolved or not noticeable upon transferred to tank.
    3ft Tank. Eheim 2028. ADA soil. LIghting 2 X 39 T5 / pressurized Co2 @ 8hrs/day.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

picture speaks a thousand word. what I'm having in mind is that, chemical reaction causing the formation of white precipitate. perhaps you can let us know what chemical you mixed and proportion of them to help further troubleshoot?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    Could not see very clearly but something like fine tissue papers. Only notice it when pouring fertiliser into measuring cup. Either it gets dissolved or not noticeable upon transferred to tank.
    Yup that the one. That is because it is probably sitting too long in the bottle,it is good to use anyway,just give it a good shake before dosing.
    I keep my MMNM liquid at room temperature, but I add 20 ml of Excel (or Glutaraldehyde) per 500 ml of my mix. No more fungus issues.
    You have to store the liquid away from lights and at room temperature to keep it in good condition.
    Anyway there is no expiry date on chemical fertilizers.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by zerofighterx101 View Post
    Yup that the one. That is because it is probably sitting too long in the bottle,it is good to use anyway,just give it a good shake before dosing.
    I keep my MMNM liquid at room temperature, but I add 20 ml of Excel (or Glutaraldehyde) per 500 ml of my mix. No more fungus issues.
    You have to store the liquid away from lights and at room temperature to keep it in good condition.
    Anyway there is no expiry date on chemical fertilizers.
    The mix will be finishig soon and will add excel in my next 500ml mix to see if makes a diference. Thanks for the sharing.