Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

View Poll Results: what is your water temp with the fan?

Voters
523. You may not vote on this poll

70 13.38%

142 27.15%

127 24.28%

95 18.16%

36 6.88%
  • Higher than 29

39 7.46%
  • Lower than 25

14 2.68%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What is your ambient water temperature?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Indonesia
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by plumboy21
    Come to think of it, some unidentified moss discarded in my small tank seems to be growing better.
    I guess the "unidentified moss" is somekind of algae...

And I must agree with the statements that moss don't like too many chemicals, coz I have spare moss in a small plastic cube with less than 0.5 litre water, no light, no fert, & they still in very good condition until now, even have more fresh colour than the ones in my tank. Although they don't seem to grow lushly...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    My temp hovers ard 26 to 28 deg during the day, so i dont bother it. But when i on the light throughout the night, it hit 28 deg or even higher at times. That's why i turns on the fan at nite & it brings down the temp to 24 deg by morning. 24 hrs... Thought of it b4, but the elect. bill...

Perhaps will try to grow moss again someday. Btw, what is your light watt & tank size?
    Oh... So you on the lights at night lah... Oic...

Didn't find out abt the wattage... tank was 14"... light was FL... Java moss grow till almost the whole tank nothing but Java moss... My boraras cannot be seen at all...
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Angel
    I guess the "unidentified moss" is somekind of algae...

And I must agree with the statements that moss don't like too many chemicals, coz I have spare moss in a small plastic cube with less than 0.5 litre water, no light, no fert, & they still in very good condition until now, even have more fresh colour than the ones in my tank. Although they don't seem to grow lushly...
    I think they are Java moss, not algae. What chemicals are U referring to? Yah, Justikanz, be our suppliers for Java moss leh.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Haha... I stripped the tank and sold most of the moss to C328 liao leh... Still have some in my 4 footer... Maybe wait for the next harvest lor...
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Indonesia
    I think they are Java moss, not algae. What chemicals are U referring to?

Chemicals refers to fert, etc, etc...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    My PC Fans have been running for years with only short power offs occasionally for repairs, upgrades.

My 4ft tank water is 26 deg with the big ISTA fan. Seems like quite cool. My old 2ft tank with 2 x 80mm Coolermaster Fans lowest is 27 deg.
    I'm back!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    i'm keeping my temp at 26 max without fan.. aircon at night lowers the temp to 24.
    Founder of theWaterBox

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi all, just a newbie question. Will the increase in number of fans, decreases more in the temperature level? Or will it still be the same? For example if i'm using 1 fan now and have a water temperature of 20 degrees. Will 2 fans decrease it to like 26 - 27 degrees?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by I812B4U View Post
    Hi all, just a newbie question. Will the increase in number of fans, decreases more in the temperature level? Or will it still be the same? For example if i'm using 1 fan now and have a water temperature of 20 degrees. Will 2 fans decrease it to like 26 - 27 degrees?

do you mean 30 degrees? My two feet is using 3 x 80mm pc fan power by a PSU(courtesy of UKLau) and i have hit temperature of 25.9 degrees but have to top up water every day about 1.5 liters?

I guess how much lower the temperature can goes depends also on your ambient tempaerature. The same tank when i put it near the window on the floor with only two 80 mm fan powered aslo by a PSU hit about 26.5 to 27 degrees.

here is how i mount my fan onto the tank.

3 x 80mm pc fan mounted onto a air con trunking cover measuringslightly less than 2ft. with three square holes measuring 80mm x 80mm cut out.

with rear 55w, 10ooo kelvin PL light off.

the connector at the psu end on the stand.
    hope this helps.
    Last edited by David Moses Heng; 28th Jul 2007 at 16:58. Reason: add image
    A Friend is one who is Faithful, Reliable, Inspiring, Encourager, who is Neutral when handling conflicts and helps to Develop you as a person.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    What heppen when a person have plants and also have discus.........plants need lower temperature but discus need higher temperature...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Actually is depend what you heading for! planted tank or crs tank? planted tank can be use for fan but with non budget you go chiller you will see very good effect of your plants grow very well. .for me cost of crs without co2 i had a chiller and my moss grow very healthy and green. cheers

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    With the fan on, mine always stay between 27 to 28.5C for most part of the year in the day. In the night its between 26.5 to 28C
    Only exception is when the weather its extremely hot (room temp : 31.5C would my tank register 29C). Similarly during rainy season in the year end, I have managed to achieve 26.3C
    Now as I am typing , Just check my tank's temp. Its 27.4C.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn View Post
    I JUST GOT MYSELF A COOLER FAN. THIS IS NOT THE TYPE USE IN COMPUTER BUT IS A COIL TYPE LIKE THE AIR CON. IT WAS TOLD TO WORK BETTER. MY TEMP IS ABOUT 29 TO 30 DEG WITH LIGHTS ON NOW IS 27 TO 27.5 DEG. I DON'T THINK TEMP CAN REACH 26 AND BELOW WITH FAN. ONLY CHILLER ELSE WHY PEOPLE BUY CHILLER, RIGHT?

REGARDS
    FISHLOVER.
    yes,i used fan on 24/7 can only cool down max to 26.5 deg..

Feedback Score
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Hi, This post of mine is very knowledgable and may enhance the information of the viewers , however I would like some specific information for myself. If someone can help me then please send me a private message. Best Regards,

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I ever tried using PC fan but can only bring the temp down to 27 deg provided all windows are open ...if not the temp will not drop

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    United_States
    I normally have 30+ C temps all summer long(3-4 months).
    Winter, about 23-25C.

Things grow faster, evaporate faster at higher temps, but other than A. fensetralis(lace plant), I've had little trouble, but I've gotten very use to this seasonal change.

You'll need more CO2 and better current at higher temps

Regards,
    Tom Barr

Feedback Score
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Hi, This post of mine is very knowledgable and may enhance the information of the viewers , however I would like some specific information for myself. If someone can help me then please send me a private message. Best Regards,

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn View Post
    I JUST GOT MYSELF A COOLER FAN. THIS IS NOT THE TYPE USE IN COMPUTER BUT IS A COIL TYPE LIKE THE AIR CON. IT WAS TOLD TO WORK BETTER. MY TEMP IS ABOUT 29 TO 30 DEG WITH LIGHTS ON NOW IS 27 TO 27.5 DEG. I DON'T THINK TEMP CAN REACH 26 AND BELOW WITH FAN. ONLY CHILLER ELSE WHY PEOPLE BUY CHILLER, RIGHT?

REGARDS
    FISHLOVER.
    glenn,
    actually, i have a 9cm fan cooling a 10L up to 26 degrees and down to 25 or lower on rainy seasons, the tank feels cold to touch when this happen. However, since evaporation is high, i have to top up water frequently. By the way, no need to use caps.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    can christmas do well in 27-28 degrees range?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Indonesia
    IMO,the christmas will do just fine

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast