Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

View Poll Results: what is your water temp with the fan?

Voters
523. You may not vote on this poll

70 13.38%

142 27.15%

127 24.28%

95 18.16%

36 6.88%
  • Higher than 29

39 7.46%
  • Lower than 25

14 2.68%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your ambient water temperature?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

What is your ambient water temperature?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Just wondering if I should buy a fan. my water temp without fan is 28-29. should i still buy a fan?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Yes. The weather now is quite good and your tank is running at that temp. When it gets hotter your plant may be boiled. Also 28-29 maybe too high for some plants.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    normally without fan the temp of my tank hover around 29~30 deg C depending on the weather. I think the temp is still too high for my moss liking as they are turn black... so install a fan to maintain the temp to be around 27 deg C

Feedback Score
    Country
    Indonesia
    I'm curious... if I use more than 1 fan, will it help lowering the temperature further ? to what extend ?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Using fan(s), my tank temp will hover around 25 to 29 or maybe 30 depending on the weather. On the average, I think is around 27 -28.

Initially, I use 2 small computer size fans (2.5 inchs) for my 2.5ft tank and but when I switch to 1 only, I found that there is no much different.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    my own experience....
    using 1 fan, 2 fans or 3 fans, the temp still the same between 26-28c most of the time all year round, maybe 25 around year end. the only difference is faster evaporation. however when i freeze and put in a chunk of ice before lights on, i can usually go 25-26 and stay there for most part of the day. mine are 4ft tanks and 3kg ice daily. my only problem is I m not sure if the chlorine/chloramine is 'frozen' in the ice. anyway i think i solved the problem by using water collected overnight (for top up due to evaporation) with 'charcoal' put in.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    But my tank doesn't seem to go up to 30. it is always 29-28. So i'm thinking if investing in a fan is a good idea.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    are any of your plants suffering from 'high' temperature?
    if all are growing fine, then you can leave it as it is.
    the addition of a fan or fans will bring the water temperature down to about 27 deg, depending on the surrounding humidity and air temperature.
    also you''l need to top up your aquarium water due to increased evaporation.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    i don't really see them suffering excepy maybe for the moss that is growing very slowly. I'm more worried about my shrimps. what temp do they thrive in?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Smile

hi guys wat is the best water temp in planted tank thx.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    what if i use fan in air-con room..and then temp is at 24 for the big tank and 22 for the small one?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Theoretically speaking, provided 100% effective evaporation rate is achieved through fan/s, the water temperature can go down to the wet-bulb temperature of the ambient temperature. If the relative humidity is low, wet-bulb temp will go even lower as compared to dry-bulb temp (ambient). In an air-conditioned enviroment, RH is normally quite low (dry), therefore causing the wet-bulb temp to go even lower. With a fan running in an air-conditioned room as compared to a non air-conditioned room, I would reckon that there will be a significant difference between temps (with and without fan/s).

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Actually quite hard to give an answer to the poll.

The temperature in the fan-cooled tank depends on the ambient temperature. Like currently in this warm weather, my tanks are in the 27C to 29C region. In the cooler months, I ever got slightly below 24C on one morning.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by juggler
    Actually quite hard to give an answer to the poll.

The temperature in the fan-cooled tank depends on the ambient temperature. Like currently in this warm weather, my tanks are in the 27C to 29C region. In the cooler months, I ever got slightly below 24C on one morning.
    I agree with you, the fan-cooled tank's temperature is depends on the ambient temperature. So, what can fan help is to lower 1-2 degree C of what your tank's temp. when without fan.

So, what is the good temp. for mosses? It depends on type of mosses. From my experience, Java moss is quite hardy, 28-30C is alright for them. But for others like erect, christmas and taiwan, they grow best when setting my chiller to 25C. I have consulted Boon Keng's Bioplast where they have very nice moss tanks display, they set the temp. to 25C. In Simei's Pet Safari which they have a very nice willow moss tank, I do check with the guy, they telling me the room temp is around 26C+-. So I believe 25C is good for most kind of mosses.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    IMO even thou java moss can survive in temp like 28-30, it looks much nicer when it's cooler.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    One question - is it safe to run these fan 24x7 ?

Reason I asked, the centre of the fan after switch off is very warm. So I am concern if this is safe to run 24x7.

Thanks in advance for feedback by those with experience on this.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    it is safe to run the fans 24/7. one of my fans has stopped spinning even though power is supplied. the motor is warm but nothing bad has happened for the past 1/2 year.
    thomas liew

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Yes it it safe for 24/7 i have been running the fan for 24/7 too that for 1 year plus.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    It is best to run a fan non-stop. If u think the temperature still can go down, u can install a second fan, but beware of the rate of water evaporation. Don't buy 2 fans first. just try one and look at the result. Cheers.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Cooler Fan

Quote Originally Posted by dts_spawn
    Just wondering if I should buy a fan. my water temp without fan is 28-29. should i still buy a fan?
    I JUST GOT MYSELF A COOLER FAN. THIS IS NOT THE TYPE USE IN COMPUTER BUT IS A COIL TYPE LIKE THE AIR CON. IT WAS TOLD TO WORK BETTER. MY TEMP IS ABOUT 29 TO 30 DEG WITH LIGHTS ON NOW IS 27 TO 27.5 DEG. I DON'T THINK TEMP CAN REACH 26 AND BELOW WITH FAN. ONLY CHILLER ELSE WHY PEOPLE BUY CHILLER, RIGHT?

REGARDS
    FISHLOVER.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast