Country
    Singapore

Re: Converting old PC table into aquariums

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
    this plant looks like moss to me.. and I think it cannot survive in water for long... correct me if I'm wrong.. not sure about the name though
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanavi View Post
    Selaginella erythropus ‘Sanguinea'? Think it a land plant, saw nursery selling before
    Quote Originally Posted by magpie View Post
    It is not a new species anyway. The plant has been there many years back. It will die off, it is not an aquatic plant.
    Thanks guys!
    There are times when two people need to step apart from one another, but there is no rule that says they have to turn and fire.
    Watch is my life. Seiko is the name

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Wildbear...Qua Tio Chang Tio Sar (local dialect meaning 'See Any Plant, Grab Any Plant')... HAHAHAHAHA!!!!
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The title below my name does not make me a guru...listen at your own risk!...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Wildbear...Qua Tio Chang Tio Sar (local dialect meaning 'See Any Plant, Grab Any Plant')... HAHAHAHAHA!!!!
    Hahaha...that why it call a experiment tank mah...
    Have to develop a knowledge base for myself. Need to prepared for the 3ft tank. Still have no idea what scape, only know I want to use Japanese hair glass to do carpet.
    There are times when two people need to step apart from one another, but there is no rule that says they have to turn and fire.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Wow! pearling on Riccia and some plants. also see very small bubble floating up from plant and soil. Amazing picture!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Day 16
    Plant's leaf at foreground start to melt 3 days ago(forgotten plant name), started from one stem, then spread to other. From many lush leaf melted to just the stem. They were growing very well, new leaf are forming. From the picture you can see the plants are vibrant. No idea why its happening?

I'm using ADA soil. Wonder if because I dose excel and stability(don't make sense to me)?

Will too much nutrient affect the plant?

Using 2013, not enough flow to carry nutrient to the plants? (but can see leaf movement around the tank)

Did not plant them properly?(But can see roots growing deeply into the substrate)

Common for plants to melt during cycle period?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

That plant sensitive to excel. How many ml excel you used? Daily or every other day?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Every other day. 1ml to about 50 litre of water

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Go to the Oriental website and purchase a downloadable Oriental Plant Book...
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The title below my name does not make me a guru...listen at your own risk!...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

[QUOTE=Wildbear;743359]Every other day. 1ml to about 50 litre of water

That will be just nice dosage for 2ft tank. no idea what could be wrong. Remove the melting plant and further monitor it.maybe just an isolated case or reduce your excel to 0.5ml since you have pressurised CO2 for the plants.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

[QUOTE=urbach;743380]
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbear View Post
    Every other day. 1ml to about 50 litre of water

That will be just nice dosage for 2ft tank. no idea what could be wrong. Remove the melting plant and further monitor it.maybe just an isolated case or reduce your excel to 0.5ml since you have pressurised CO2 for the plants.
    Think I will stop excel and monitor. gonna expect algae bloom. Cleaning my whole flat is so much easlier than this...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Go to the Oriental website and purchase a downloadable Oriental Plant Book...
    Back to school again...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Day 21.
    Was at GC yesterday. Can't resist the E.oriental and Red milfoil(not sure if correct name)) when I saw them.

Red milfoil

E.oriental

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

With all the preventive measure, still can't stop it from happening...my wife found some baby snail in the tank.
    Thinking of getting some assassin snail to do crowd control but I have a bumble bee in there, will the assassin kill it too. Also saw a thread saying striped loaches and clown loaches can do the job too but is it plant friendly?
    Last edited by Wildbear; 29th Sep 2013 at 00:40.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

bumble bee as in horned nernite snail ?
    Can coexist, doing the same in my main tank & outside tanks. i can pass you some juvenile assassins the next time we meet. Please give me a day or 2 to catch them.

btw, if the snail is the common pond snail or rather pouch snails most of us consider it a pest. If Ramshorn might be able to accept (especially the blue variant)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freshwater_snail
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physella_acuta

Loaches will aim target small snails, i have a Kuhli Loach pending it's adoptive owner to collect that is killing ALL my baby ramshorn currently.

There is always the not so nice way of buying a puffer as they will seek & destroy snails. (then after no snails nip at the other inhabitant's tail that look nicer then it's own)
    I don't encourage unless you going to buy a smaller tank to keep the small fella, prevent from used and given away like a unwanted child.
    Learning the hardway, not the highway.
    Photo Blog - impervious-endeavors.blogspot.com

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

felix, not sure if its pond snail or ramshorn, its very tiny and the shell still forming.

And thanks for the assassins. I PM you later. Xia Xia!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

if you spot it fast ,can actually manual remove it to prevent large scale invasion

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by limz_777 View Post
    if you spot it fast ,can actually manual remove it to prevent large scale invasion
    yup! trying to do that. pick them up one by one. Some are really tiny, have to wait till it grow bigger. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Day 29. add in 6 Balloon rams and 10 yellow tip tetras few day back. Suddenly, all the pest snail were gone in a few days...hmm...the rams doing the pest control...

Due to densely planted tank, the Tonina at the background is not growing or extremely slow. add in NPK to boost growth, also change canister from 2213 to 2217 to increase the flow rate. Since adding in NPK, can see more algae growth, just let the otto do their job for the time being.

Also replace lighting with AZ 24W x 4 12000k T5 lights. wanted to change to 6500k tube but lfs no stock.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789