Country
    Singapore

Hello to all

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi everyone,

I joined this forum some time back in search for solutions to my upcoming problems. I was planning for my 2ft tank many months back and finally the day comes to start my project (coming saturday). Most of my equipments had been prepared, keeping my fingers crossed. Definitely, more problems will arise as I set up my semi-DIY 2ft tank. Getting my plants on friday so that I could start everything from scaping to planting to setting up the equipments early saturday morning. It is going to be a long day for me, I guess. Wish me luck!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Hello to all

Welcome Concave......Its a hobby....enjoy it as you take the journey....sounds like you are taking the final exams....
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The title below my name does not make me a guru...listen at your own risk!...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Haha.. Friday night you sure cannot sleep.. enjoy.. have fun!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Welcome Concave......Its a hobby....enjoy it as you take the journey....sounds like you are taking the final exams....
    failure to plan is planning to fail. Well, just a little planning will not hurt hurt. Anyway, I'm longing to scape, so while waiting, do some planning to minimize the mistakes. Do more research and also watch more YouTube for more scaping ideas. The planning was really fun actually.

Cheers
    eRic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheers
    eRic

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Max Lim View Post
    Haha.. Friday night you sure cannot sleep.. enjoy.. have fun!
    Haha.. If cannot sleep, then start setting up till Saturday.

Cheers
    eRic

Cheers
    eRic

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Gosh!!! Plan yes but enjoy the journey. Face the challenges ahead. No matter how you plan, plans will need to change one way or another.

The true skill of a planter is to be adaptive to change. Learning how to grow plants well is the main key to successful scaping.

Next is your imagination to 'see' how the tank is going to look like 3 months down the road.

All this planning helps but at the end, only with hands on experience and heartaches, and to know what is like to fail is the first step to success.
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Gosh!!! Plan yes but enjoy the journey. Face the challenges ahead. No matter how you plan, plans will need to change one way or another.

The true skill of a planter is to be adaptive to change. Learning how to grow plants well is the main key to successful scaping.

Next is your imagination to 'see' how the tank is going to look like 3 months down the road.

All this planning helps but at the end, only with hands on experience and heartaches, and to know what is like to fail is the first step to success.
    Exactly. Not sure what will happen this Saturday, it is going to a surprise. But I've roughly got an idea how the finished product will be like, months down the road? Clueless. Haha... I've actually got a plan done up in PowerPoint, once I've got access to my PC, I'll post it. And I will also post the final product after Saturday. Like what you say, it could be very much different from the plan, keeping my fingers crossed, hopefully everything goes well. Can't wait to start on it come Saturday.

Nevertheless, senior David, thank you very much for the pointers. Without your advice, I might have higher hopes and if it fail on saturday. I'm going to be real sad. Think this few days, I shall plan for the worst and what I will do when the least expected happens.

Cheers
    eRic

Cheers
    eRic

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hi all,

this the plan of of my 2ft tank, subject to changes along the way during setup due to unforeseen circumstances:

Attachment 36749

Cheers
    eRic

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

avoid Riccia...if you can....

Hornwort is more of a floating plant rather then a rooted stemmed plant.

Your hairgrass switch side with Glosso may be better...use Glosso as foreground may also be better.

No non-green plants for highlighting....too much green?

Ensure that you have a layer of base fertilizer, good CO2 dispersal and good amount of light to reach the bottom. If you cannot get a small chiller get a fan in advance.

Just my opinion.
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I think you need to repost in the 'Aquascaping' sub forum is better....

PS: Oui...hobby lah....not taking Biology final exams......hahahhaa!!!! kidding nice planning.
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I think you need to repost in the 'Aquascaping' sub forum is better....

PS: Oui...hobby lah....not taking Biology final exams......hahahhaa!!!! kidding nice planning.
    Thanks for that detailed pointers. I'll start another thread in the 'aquascaping' sub forum soon after saturday.

In actual fact, I had lotsa fun doing up the plan and go around asking on my plan, the plants and such...

Guess enough of my introduction over at this thread, the rest of the members are beginning to get sick and tired of me. More discussion once I setup my tank!

PS: I hate exams, this is far far better than taking exams.. haha..

Cheers
    eRic

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I have not work with most of the plants you posted, however, I did work on Eleocharis SP mini. They spread very quickly, if you only want them at certain area, you may want to find some ways to block off the runners from spreading out. I used fine mesh and they still got through haha.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Errh I think you are missing the point about the forum....members don't really get sick of new hobbyist. You have planned well and there are lots of people who will offer their opinions. Personally I think you should post your plan before you go practical.

PS: members get sick of old cocks like me....
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Ingen....cut....the trick to it is cut....
    [email protected]