Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

View Poll Results: Which Co2 Delivery system are you using?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • Glass Ceramic diffuser

46 38.02%
  • Atomic diffuser

21 17.36%
  • Inline diffuser

26 21.49%
  • CO2 reactor

31 25.62%
  • others

8 6.61%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Which Co2 Delivery system are you using

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Which Co2 Delivery system are you using

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Co2art will have their logo on the solenoid.
    Check their ebay page for pics...
    http://stores.ebay.com.sg/CO2-ART?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

They show a 3d view of the solenoid.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

it's been running for 1 week+, so far i'm very impressed with it's output accuracy.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Has anyone tried the Intense CO2 regulator? The needle valve looks super precise.
    ... always look at the bright side of life

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Yes,super easy to adjust and lock the setting...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by zerofighterx101 View Post
    Yes,super easy to adjust and lock the setting...
    Thanks! Thinking of replacing my Ocean Free one.

Does anyone know if Mr Chan (NA) will help to fix the Intense regulator if I still continue to buy the CO2 tank from him? My place is close to his shop la
    ... always look at the bright side of life

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I got a medium size ISTA min max CO2 reactor as well but after 2 days I have to uninstall it.
    It does worked as intended but it slow down the pump output of my EHEIM 2028 to about 40% of it's original power. I'm afraid that if I leave it like that it will break the filter's motor.
    I think the issue is that the reactor's tube is 12/16 but 2028 tubing is 16/22. Then add the pressure of having to rotate the propeller and pushing the water down the reactor tube and it stresses the filter it seems.

I guess i'll keep it until I decided to inject CO2 on my low-tech tank. That one runs on 2215 filter which uses 12/16 tubing.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Allan Asis View Post
    I think the issue is that the reactor's tube is 12/16 but 2028 tubing is 16/22. Then add the pressure of having to rotate the propeller and pushing the water down the reactor tube and it stresses the filter it seems.
    Yeah, the reduction of the hose size is what reduced the flow rate so much (its basically the similar effect as adjusting a tap to narrow the opening and slow down flow)... you'll have to find another reactor model which uses 16/22 hose ports instead to work properly with your particular filter.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Aquaria View Post
    Yeah, the reduction of the hose size is what reduced the flow rate so much (its basically the similar effect as adjusting a tap to narrow the opening and slow down flow)... you'll have to find another reactor model which uses 16/22 hose ports instead to work properly with your particular filter.
    I'm using the sera reactor, the bigger 1000 model. It is 16/22. It is paired with Eheim 2071 and a Eheim UV clarifier in-line. So far the flow rate is alright with all the chain connections, but I need to do cleaning every 3 months to upkeep the good flow rate.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Where did you manage to buy that model bro? I've been checking LFS's but so far I only found a small one in NA.

By the way I since swapped the EHEIM 2028 with the other canister filter from my low-tech tank which is EHEIM 2215. I uses a 12/16 tubing so fits the ISTA reactor perfectly.
    Today I started running it and was extremely surprised how effective a CO2 reactor is in dissolving CO2!!!
    There's basically no bubble coming out of the filter outlet and every plant is pearling/oxygenating! There's too much oxygen coming out of the plants that I never seen before and I feel like I'm using an aerator haha!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Allan Asis View Post
    Where did you manage to buy that model bro? I've been checking LFS's but so far I only found a small one in NA.

By the way I since swapped the EHEIM 2028 with the other canister filter from my low-tech tank which is EHEIM 2215. I uses a 12/16 tubing so fits the ISTA reactor perfectly.
    Today I started running it and was extremely surprised how effective a CO2 reactor is in dissolving CO2!!!
    There's basically no bubble coming out of the filter outlet and every plant is pearling/oxygenating! There's too much oxygen coming out of the plants that I never seen before and I feel like I'm using an aerator haha!
    Got it from Green Chapter, suggest you call and check the stock first... Indeed a CO2 reactor is much more efficient compared to a diffusor. I bought an Intense diffusor but gave up as it requires high pressure to work properly - but the high pressure gave other problems such as the CO2 tubing coming loose often.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by BluBlur View Post
    Got it from Green Chapter, suggest you call and check the stock first... Indeed a CO2 reactor is much more efficient compared to a diffusor. I bought an Intense diffusor but gave up as it requires high pressure to work properly - but the high pressure gave other problems such as the CO2 tubing coming loose often.
    Cool! I also almost bought the inline diffuser as well but decided to swap my filters instead so as not to waste the ISTA reactor. It was a good decision

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

How about this?
    Both reactor and inline diffuser at the same time

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by zerofighterx101 View Post
    How about this?
    Both reactor and inline diffuser at the same time

Interesting idea!

Though in such a setup, all of the Co2 gas would just be flowing into the reactor... gas travels via the path of least resistance, so the inline diffuser isn't being utilized, it just acts as another connector.
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Interesting idea!

Though in such a setup, all of the Co2 gas would just be flowing into the reactor... gas travels via the path of least resistance, so the inline diffuser isn't being utilized, it just acts as another connector.
    What I would do is probably just connect the CO2 tube in the inline-diffuser. So any remaining micro bubbles that gets into the reactor will easily be dissolve.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

wanna ask, anyone encounter co2 regulator and solenoid that has current flowing all over?

i got this funny c02 tank, which is relatively impossible to touch, there's current on it.
    had to switch off the main supply.
    i suspect it could be the solenoid..
    few days back, i accidentally drop the whole cylinder, might damage the solenoid unknowingly..

be bringing it to bioplast tomorrow to consult
    Bean + Kurt

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by kurty View Post
    wanna ask, anyone encounter co2 regulator and solenoid that has current flowing all over?

i got this funny c02 tank, which is relatively impossible to touch, there's current on it.
    had to switch off the main supply.
    i suspect it could be the solenoid..
    few days back, i accidentally drop the whole cylinder, might damage the solenoid unknowingly..

be bringing it to bioplast tomorrow to consult
    Yeah, most likely the solenoid's internal wiring somehow got shorted out and live electrical current is being conducted over the whole metal tank. Best to get it repaired or replaced as soon as possible.
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Interesting idea!

The co2 line on the left is plug with rubber stopper the one with the inline diffuser is the active one. I just grab whatever i have in my 'junk' box to set this up if i have an extra check valve i probably will use it on the reactor so i dont have to use the y connector. i actually dont like the look of it but hey...something new and something interesting...

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Cant stand the look of the y connector so i went out to buy check valve.

now it look better...
    Here is a glimpse of what's in the cabinet.....
    jeng....jeng..jengggg..

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Wah, so many canisters connected together! Big tank you have? I prefer inline diffuser too but last time I used I had problems (stop working) and since change back to ceramic ones. By the way, how can I clean off the greenish algae on those ceramic diffuser? Tried scrubbing but couldn't get rid of them. Still working but worry over time efficiency might be affected. Thanks.