Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

View Poll Results: Which Co2 Delivery system are you using?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • Glass Ceramic diffuser

46 38.02%
  • Atomic diffuser

21 17.36%
  • Inline diffuser

26 21.49%
  • CO2 reactor

31 25.62%
  • others

8 6.61%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Which Co2 Delivery system are you using

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Which Co2 Delivery system are you using

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    You using those tubing for co2 high pressure usage? Can't use those normal air tubing.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    You using those tubing for co2 high pressure usage? Can't use those normal air tubing.
    Yes, using the ANS 3m co2 tubings, combination of black and white at certain places..

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by bombomlee View Post
    Okay, just hooked up the ANS intense atomizer, the regulator is pushing 46/48PSI now at 1BPS.

Should I continue with this atomizer? Afraid something might give way at some connection. Currently its regulator/solenoid/bubble counter - check valve, check valve, ANS intense atomizer. I secured cable ties to the check valve/tubing connections already, so its either the tubing slips out even with the cable ties or the tubing ruptures. Will it be safe to continue?
    Do you see the fine misty bubbles coming out of the atomizer? If it is then the system is working okay, as long as your connections are secure and not leaking, it will work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    Have to use Co2 resistant tubing, normal air tubing will leak Co2 gas and tend to pop off easily under pressure.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Not even a single bubble, unless my eyes are failing me but I doubt it! Didn't have any leaks with the spiral glass diffuser, this diffuser/tubing connection was the only one that I removed and added the atomizer. The atomizer has an even more secure fitting so I doubt it is leaking..

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Not even a single bubble, unless my eyes are failing me but I doubt it! Didn't have any leaks with the spiral glass diffuser, this diffuser/tubing connection was the only one that I removed and added the atomizer. The atomizer has an even more secure fitting so I doubt it is leaking..
    Wait for a while more and see if it starts to work, sometimes the system needs to build up enough pressure within the atomizer before it starts pushing out the fine misty bubbles.

If there are still no bubbles being produced, then try increasing the BPS injection rate abit higher, maybe to 2-3 BPS. If still no results, check the joints and connections for leaks with soapy water or by submersing them under a container of water.
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Alright thank you!

I took out the atomizer already, tried to fit the spiral glass diffuser back and it broke at the bend part... argh I just bought it today!!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Update! 25mins after installation of the ANS intense atomizer size L running at a startup bps of 2.5, I finally manage to see quite a bit of micro bubbles and some bubbles collecting on the surface of the atomizer yay!

However, the bps has slowed from 2.5 to about 0.5 now.. the working pressure gauge shows a reading of 38PSI, I guess this is the factory setting? Since it stabilises at this point.

Guess its back to the glass diffusers ( or maybe an inline reactor since I want to slow the flow of my eheim 2026! )

Thank you UA!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Alright thank you!

I took out the atomizer already, tried to fit the spiral glass diffuser back and it broke at the bend part... argh I just bought it today!!!
    Usually I would dip the tube into a cup of hot water for few seconds before fitting to glass diffuser. Find it easier to do so, same for fitting lily pipes.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

i copy his setup

I'm A Newbie Pls Don't Flame Me

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I'm using a glass diffuser because it's a great conversation starter

Feedback Score
    Images

I was using glass diffuser, then switch to reactor. Recently broke the plastic connector for gas tubing. Tried to glue back but worried that it will give way and flood my house because it linked to canister outflow. Just bought ANS atomizer to try.

Sent from my HM 1S using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Yeah, those plastic ports on inline reactors and atomizers do tend to get easily snapped off during maintenance (especially when used with rigid Co2 tubing)... i also had my fair of having to buy replacement reactors units.

My solution was to install a push-in connector on the Co2 tubing, that solved the issue, no more breakages. Have been using it for the past few years.

Here is what the push-in connector looks like (just press the blue collar part to release):

Photo from Google Images.
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Images

Ya...that's a good idea. Should get it if I happen to go back to reactor. But actually I broke it when unscrew the water hose. I think it's very fragile.

Sent from my HM 1S using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Aquaria View Post
    Yeah, those plastic ports on inline reactors and atomizers do tend to get easily snapped off during maintenance (especially when used with rigid Co2 tubing)... i also had my fair of having to buy replacement reactors units.

My solution was to install a push-in connector on the Co2 tubing, that solved the issue, no more breakages. Have been using it for the past few years.

Here is what the push-in connector looks like (just press the blue collar part to release):

Photo from Google Images.
    Where to get this? I broke my inline diffuser too last month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by kaen130 View Post
    Where to get this? I broke my inline diffuser too last month
    I got mine from Teck Siong Huat Hardware Pte Ltd, a hardware supply company that specializes in pneumatic fittings and equipment... here is their website:

http://tecksionghuat.com/?wpcproduct...sh-in-fittings

Some LFS may also stock the same fittings too, can also shop around for them.
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Aquaria View Post
    I got mine from Teck Siong Huat Hardware Pte Ltd, a hardware supply company that specializes in pneumatic fittings and equipment... here is their website:

http://tecksionghuat.com/?wpcproduct...sh-in-fittings

Some LFS may also stock the same fittings too, can also shop around for them.
    Thanks UA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi, how is this dusposible canister compared to seachem excel? Spraying 2 times a day into Dymax diffuser.

IMG_20161009_203608-1.jpg

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by waynekoh View Post
    Hi, how is this dusposible canister compared to seachem excel? Spraying 2 times a day into Dymax diffuser.

IMG_20161009_203608-1.jpg
    Those Co2 disposable spray can systems are usually meant to be used with a submerged diffuser chamber (gas is filled into the chamber and it slowly diffuses into the water over the course of the day)... i tested them before and its efficiency is not really good as the diffusion rate is limited to the small water surface area within the chamber. Didn't see much noticeable effect on plant growth.

Similar to this system: http://tropica.com/en/plant-care/co2/system-60/

Spraying it into a normal diffuser doesn't work well too, as that just puts a short burst of Co2 into the water. Most of it will disappear quickly. It's not a consistent steady supply like with a solenoid regulator system, hence the effects are very minimal too.

You would get much more noticeable effects dosing Excel or even better still, using a proper solenoid regulator Co2 system.
    Last edited by Urban Aquaria; 10th Oct 2016 at 13:33.
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi,

Thanks for the advise. I used with a submerged diffuser chamber that looks like this. Borrowed pic from fellow user. There is a pump head that drive water into chamber and it leak out the other side. CO2 is pump in through the top. I think the CO2 wanting to float up will stay in chamber while water is being pump downwards to mix them. I do see CO2 gaps in the chamber hours after spraying ( 2nd pic)

14-54-48-dymax_nano_diffusor_pump.jpg

IMG-20161005-WA0006.jpg

So you recommendation is seachem excel. So maybe once this is finish i switch completely to seachem excel.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Excel isn't blocking your tank view, that one yes