Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

View Poll Results: Which Co2 Delivery system are you using?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • Glass Ceramic diffuser

46 38.02%
  • Atomic diffuser

21 17.36%
  • Inline diffuser

26 21.49%
  • CO2 reactor

31 25.62%
  • others

8 6.61%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: Which Co2 Delivery system are you using

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Which Co2 Delivery system are you using

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by milk_vanilla View Post
    Excel isn't blocking your tank view, that one yes
    Yeah. Thats why i place it at the back. Probably go on to excel after this can finish.

IMG-20161010-WA0019.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    Country
    Vietnam

Hi All, may I know what is the sign that CO2 tank running out of gas? I still can see the bubble coming out in bubble counter but the CO2 glass indicator show blue colour. I am not so sure whether it is leaking or CO2 is not there.

Really appreciate your advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by waynekoh View Post
    Yeah. Thats why i place it at the back. Probably go on to excel after this can finish.

IMG-20161010-WA0019.jpg
    Btw, since you are currently running a system using Co2 gas, do install a drop checker to help measure the actual Co2 levels. It will show you whether the levels are too low (and thereby not as effective) or too high (and become toxic to livestock).
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by jackychun View Post
    Hi All, may I know what is the sign that CO2 tank running out of gas? I still can see the bubble coming out in bubble counter but the CO2 glass indicator show blue colour. I am not so sure whether it is leaking or CO2 is not there.

Really appreciate your advice.
    You can refer to the regulator gauge that shows the total pressure in the Co2 tank. In your setup, the top gauge is the one to check.

From your photo it looks like it still has 1,000+ PSI, which indicates it's still full (the gas is compressed in liquid form). It will usually stay at this level for quite a while until it depletes. When you see it start to gradually drop below 900 PSI over time, then it indicates the Co2 has depleted to gas form and running out soon.

If your drop checker still shows a blue colour even after the Co2 injection has been on for a few hours, then it means there is not enough Co2 being injected or it's not diffused efficiently enough.

You will just have to gradually increase the injection bps rate in small increments and observe the drop checker. This should be done slowly as the drop checker needs time to react to the changes in Co2 levels (usually 1-2 hours delay).

If you increase the bps until very high or the diffuser doesn't seem to generate more bubbles, and the drop checker still stays blue, then have to check the connections for leaks.
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Vietnam

Thanks for your advice, UA. I will try to increase the bubble rate tonight to see the situation improved. Also, I might need to check if any leak since I have cleaned the filter system few days ago.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Aquaria View Post
    Btw, since you are currently running a system using Co2 gas, do install a drop checker to help measure the actual Co2 levels. It will show you whether the levels are too low (and thereby not as effective) or too high (and become toxic to livestock).
    Thanks for the advise!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi all gurus, I have 2 questions here regarding CO2 system.

1. How do I know if a regulator is dual stage? From what I understand a dual guage regulator doesn't mean it is a dual stage regulator.

2. Does everyone of you encounter atomizer block problem? I need to clean the inner wall of my in line atomizer once every few weeks. Is this normal? If I don't clean it, pressure will build up between my atomizer and drop checker until no bubble coming out from the checker. Can it be an indication that my CO2 tank pressure goes too low now?

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Kingelliot View Post
    1. How do I know if a regulator is dual stage? From what I understand a dual guage regulator doesn't mean it is a dual stage regulator.
    Usually it will be indicated on the regulator packaging or specs. Sometimes its actually dual-stage but yet not listed, so just have to check with the seller or supplier to confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingelliot View Post
    2. Does everyone of you encounter atomizer block problem? I need to clean the inner wall of my in line atomizer once every few weeks. Is this normal? If I don't clean it, pressure will build up between my atomizer and drop checker until no bubble coming out from the checker. Can it be an indication that my CO2 tank pressure goes too low now?
    Its a common issue when using ceramic based diffuser or atomizer systems. Dirt, algae and minerals will naturally clog up the ceramic pores over time and you will have to clean it periodically to maintain the efficiency. For atomizer systems their pores are even smaller (hence the tinier bubbles) so they tend to clog up much faster, compared to normal diffusers.

As for your Co2 tank pressure, you can check it from the pressure gauges. If you see the total pressure gauge gradually dropping below 500 PSI, then its an indication the gas is going to quickly deplete very soon. Best to arrange to get it refilled.
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Is there any other way to check for optimal co2 beside drop checker? Please advise, thanks in advance!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    Is there any other way to check for optimal co2 beside drop checker? Please advise, thanks in advance!
    Yes definitely. After a few months, I dont rely on the drop checker anymore. To me, the fish and plants health is a better measure of the needed CO2 level. As long as the CO2 rate change is slow, I found my fish able to adapt quite well. So I just keep increasing the CO2 slowly until the plants start to bubble, typically 3-4 bps for my 3ft 40 gallon tank.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by jiraiya View Post
    Yes definitely. After a few months, I dont rely on the drop checker anymore. To me, the fish and plants health is a better measure of the needed CO2 level. As long as the CO2 rate change is slow, I found my fish able to adapt quite well. So I just keep increasing the CO2 slowly until the plants start to bubble, typically 3-4 bps for my 3ft 40 gallon tank.
    Yes. I also don't use drop checker anymore. I prefer to gradually increase the CO2 up to the level that fish still comfortable and plants are healthy. And by doing so, less clutter in the tank.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Strongly agree on this point.. less clutter in the tank

Quote Originally Posted by jackychun View Post
    Yes. I also don't use drop checker anymore. I prefer to gradually increase the CO2 up to the level that fish still comfortable and plants are healthy. And by doing so, less clutter in the tank.

Feedback Score
    Country
    United States

Reactor

I have a 20lb tank with "Milwaukee" regulator and a "Carbon Doser," which is basically a custom reactor made by a store in Florida, USA. It releases bubbles at the top, and mixes with water getting sucked out of the bottom via pump. The way it's set up means no CO2 gets lost because no bubbles ever leave the reactor, because the bubbles don't sink ... Works great, and there's no diffuser hanging in my tank. Also, no fizzy looking "sprite" water. I would recommend a reactor like this if you can afford it. I spent like $200 American for the whole setup.

~'Tron

Feedback Score
    Country
    Hong Kong

I use a intense Co2 setup, I don't have anything to check if it running out, it only takes me less than a day to fill it up.

My tank is 30cmx30cmx30cm, so a 1l co2 last me over 2 years.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by kms View Post
    I use a intense Co2 setup, I don't have anything to check if it running out, it only takes me less than a day to fill it up.

My tank is 30cmx30cmx30cm, so a 1l co2 last me over 2 years.
    Hi brother, I have a 30x30x30 tank as well. The 1L intense CO2 system can last you for 2 years? How many bubble per second are you injecting? How intense is the 1L intense tank pressure internally? Sorry if I asked stupid question. I am new to this.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Hong Kong

I have the intense co2 regulator setup, including the bazooka atomizer and bubble count/oneway stopper, 4mm PU cable version, the co2 is set at number 3 or at 12 o clock upright, it has never been anything else, not sure about the how many bubbles, but at very low, but I do get bubbles coming up from the display rocks and plants, the plants, including quarter of the tank with Pogostemon helferi , madagascar lace plant, and some other unknown, all plant are doing well, infact I have a trim them every few weeks.
    My madagascar lace plant is new

the first 3 photo was my previous setup,

Feedback Score
    Country
    Hong Kong

My setup is pretty expensive for a nano, the tank is custom made, I also have a chiller connected, A control center control the light, co2, auto water top up, 3 temperature probe in the tank, and filter under the tank, and a auto food feeder, my control center and auto food feeder is phone android/apple app controlled.

sun sun AQ608 and AQ680 control center, control for light, PH, temperature, auto water level, co2
    healia 130a chiller
    app controlled auto food feeder
    two strip LED light, one for red plants and one for green plants
    UV light
    soil is aqua labs black earth premium
    Last edited by kms; 19th Sep 2020 at 00:18.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I run my co2 straight into the pvc line that goes into my fluidized sand reactor, I have to say the moving sand really breaks the bubbles up good.
    Once, my croaking gourami woke me up in the middle of the night...

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617