Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: New Paludarium set up.....

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Kennethc, very nice setup and very good efforts too! Hope to see more nice setup from you, and generate more interest in Vivarium and Paludarium! Poison them all....

Warmest Regards from Merviso aka Merv Soh
    [ my vivarium: 2012, 2010, 2009 & 2007]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    i'm a dreamer... a dreamer living in the lost city of moonlight.....

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Merviso View Post
    Kennethc, very nice setup and very good efforts too! Hope to see more nice setup from you, and generate more interest in Vivarium and Paludarium! Poison them all....
    Thanks man, will try to find time and money haha
    I keep sulawesi shrimps, tetras, birds, exotic pets, herptiles and monster fishes.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

another weekend passed and another weekend spent working on the paludarium....

went to the nurseries along Thomson, before Marymount to look see look see and bought some plants eventually.... also went to Seaview for some moss and semi aquatic plants.... arranged them all into the tank... this would be final... no changes, just maintenance and let the plants fgrow and mature....

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

sitting on my massage chair facing the tank, yes I have positioned the tank in front of my comfy chair.... and my wild imaginations started running....again... decided to build a cover for it..... so, went to my local LFS and got myself two sheets of 60x30 cm white egg crates, $6.00 each sheet. some cable ties... and started working........

well, here's the results......

the led light is cable tied to the cover, so when I lift the cover, up, the lights goes along......

with the cover, I could arrange the water tubes to have to dropping from the top.....

well, next I may cover the sides of the cover with background material... .... let's see my how my imagination works over the week...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Thumbs up!! I have not enough experience to comment so is camping here to see what other mentors say
    I keep sulawesi shrimps, tetras, birds, exotic pets, herptiles and monster fishes.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

sooo.... dropping from top as in looked like raining?

-----------------------------------------
    Visit and comment my L Tank and S Tank... <-- Click click !!
    Thank you

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I like your eggcrate cover - that's a new and cool idea, except that anything smaller then the holes can fly in, so if the water in your tank is not flowing fast enough and no fishes, then insects will fly in and out.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by cdckjn View Post
    I like your eggcrate cover - that's a new and cool idea, except that anything smaller then the holes can fly in, so if the water in your tank is not flowing fast enough and no fishes, then insects will fly in and out.
    There are neon tetras inside :-)

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

hi kapitan

Wow,Looking so good I really admire your build so much! . Can i have your autograph for this, please? BTW, you are about to replace me as mentor!

BTW, i think you should try assemble black rubber gasket (can purchase from Darlin) around the end edge of black egg crate to protect the glass tank and do cover the egg crate with black net to prevent any insect breeding. Then the whole build will be more natural look.
    cheers
    eddy planer

Wanna to read me? Try this

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

been reading alot of poisonous palu viva threads gosh... asking
    1. that bonsai area is full soil? meant for dry plant?
    2. what is that separator/partition in front of the bonsai tank? what is the purpose?
    3. to eddy as well, if we use a crate as the fake base does it mean under it will be flooded? will it not trap any dead fish or critters accidentally slip in there?

sorry for some silly question.
    btw eddy your thread is cool like watching tony starks lol

Sent from my CT801 Eyas using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by eddy planer View Post
    hi kapitan

Wow,Looking so good I really admire your build so much! . Can i have your autograph for this, please? BTW, you are about to replace me as mentor!

BTW, i think you should try assemble black rubber gasket (can purchase from Darlin) around the end edge of black egg crate to protect the glass tank and do cover the egg crate with black net to prevent any insect breeding. Then the whole build will be more natural look.
    Thank you for the kind words, I am but a mere amatuer with this....

Should have used black crate for the cover, like my daughter said, but white was what I could find last weekend.... I am thinking of covering the front and sides with wood bark material to make it mr natural. Insects, not exist where I am on the 11th floor of my apartment .

You mean the black crate at the right corner in the back? its not entrenched tightly, just laid there with creeper plants on it and the tank, its cost me $10, used tank, so ..well....

like you have earlier predicted, the bonsai trees are not doing very well, I may have to saw them off and leave the stumps in.... thinking of getting a branchy drift wood and using creepers, and have the creepers falling downwards at the water.... still searching....
    Last edited by kapitan; 5th Oct 2013 at 09:28.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by mukyo View Post
    been reading alot of poisonous palu viva threads gosh... asking
    1. that bonsai area is full soil? meant for dry plant?
    2. what is that separator/partition in front of the bonsai tank? what is the purpose?
    3. to eddy as well, if we use a crate as the fake base does it mean under it will be flooded? will it not trap any dead fish or critters accidentally slip in there?

sorry for some silly question.
    btw eddy your thread is cool like watching tony starks lol

Sent from my CT801 Eyas using Tapatalk
    1. The bonsai is full soil, completely dry and yes mainly dry plants.
    2. no purpose, I stuck in two slab rocks to prevent the slope from falling....
    3. crate for fake base, in my case, I actually filled up the void space with soil so nothing get in, or you can wrap the fake base with netting so that only water is in there once flooded.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by cdckjn View Post
    no insects at my place...... up on the 11th floor..... , but I am monitoring....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

good luck.
    A Friend is one who is Faithful, Reliable, Inspiring, Encourager, who is Neutral when handling conflicts and helps to Develop you as a person.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Went to a landscape place in Thomson and saw these plants growing on a rock, not the fern, but the short carpet type,

anyone knows the name of the plants?

anyways, I do not need to buy moss as there are plenty for the picking downstairs at my place, ......

here a close up picture after washing,

and here's how they look when wrapped around a plant pot in the tank,

anyone knows the name of the moss? looks like chritmas moss to me,...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

last time i pickup those moss they died, i think nor so much submergeable.

i still dont get which nursery is better in thomson. i only so those big one by the street

Thank you

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by mukyo View Post
    last time i pickup those moss they died, i think nor so much submergeable.

i still dont get which nursery is better in thomson. i only so those big one by the street

Thank you
    I did not submerge those moss that I had picked up but keep them moist only, I have tried it in another tank and they stayed alive .

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hi kapitan,

Keep it moist with all the time but not submerge it and light it up 7hrs daily, and it will eventually spread it-like fire but a slow pace. Hope this will help you.
    cheers
    eddy planer

Wanna to read me? Try this

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

an update, added a "water fall" in the middle, the stone is a dragon rock, which is not hard solid, able to knock off to size for the slot and also punch a hole tohrough the rock to fit a water hose. some plants moved around in the tank especially on the left. the tree on the right not doing well, will let it wither and trim all levaes from it and plant some creepers for them to climb up the branches. the tree on the left looks ok at the moment.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by kapitan View Post

an update, added a "water fall" in the middle, the stone is a dragon rock, which is not hard solid, able to knock off to size for the slot and also punch a hole tohrough the rock to fit a water hose. some plants moved around in the tank especially on the left. the tree on the right not doing well, will let it wither and trim all levaes from it and plant some creepers for them to climb up the branches. the tree on the left looks ok at the moment.
    HUAT AH. Your hard work have paid off

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast