Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    ----------------
    On 3/15/2002 12:30:16 AM

dun laugh when i tell u this.. the reason for the cloudness is coz when i turn on the water, it shoots to the base of the fert.. and curses under my breath.. it stinks!!!!!!!
    ----------------
    sibeh hilarious, can send to Mr Bean for him to adopt in his next series... Mr Bean Plants.
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Dea, i bought it from Petmart.. if i know that it gonna smell like that.. i should have waited till go to Teo and collect the shit from those chickens.. saved me that money.. now.. who is the one who told me that day at Gan that JBL fertiliser dun stink... he must have breathing problem.. urgh!!!!!
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Dun add fish yet.

But you can add algae-fighter like SAE, Ottos, shrimp and blah blah blah.
    ----------------
    [/quote]

dun add fishes but can add sae and otto??? anyway.. i learnt it the hard way.. 2 leopard cories and a black molly died today.. only occupant; another leopard cory...hmmm.. perhaps me will get another otto.. or two...
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

dun add fishes but can add sae and otto??? anyway.. i learnt it the hard way.. 2 leopard cories and a black molly died today.. only occupant; another leopard cory...hmmm.. perhaps me will get another otto.. or two...
    ----------------
    To add the algae-fighter is to combat the algae right from the start. No gurantee whether it will live thru or not.

Normally, algae-fighter will eat those "new" algae. They older algae, they will be less likely to touch them.

If you stir up the base fertliser, you may have algae problem in the new few days. Think it is best to go some water change after all the fertliser settle down.

To solve thise problem, can use those monster root tablet that won't cloud the water. Or use those stick fertiliser for house plants.

If can, think dun add or dun add so much base fertliser. They will be a problem again if you uproot and replants some of the root plants later(if you are real clumsy)
    I didn't add any of them and my plants is doing ok.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    If can, think dun add or dun add so much base fertliser. They will be a problem again if you uproot and replants some of the root plants later(if you are real clumsy)
    I didn't add any of them and my plants is doing ok.
    --------------------------------------

Binbeto...
    too late.. wish i can read your reply earlier.. me emptied 2.5kg of JBL into the tank.. and now.. whenever i plant or replant the tank, the smelly 'chicken shit' will cloud the water again.. and i dun even have a filter..sigh...and yes.. me is clumsy.. coz me use my hands to do the planting and not tweezers.. now go plants.. anyhow slot them in.. got space, i squeeze.. hahaha

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Kel,
    how big is the tank. Do yourself a favour and put in a internal filter. Cost only ~$20. May save some $$$ on dead fish.
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    sherchoo.. me trying out the filterless planted tank thingie..

Feedback Score
    Maybe u might wanna consider putting the filter in for a while to clear the water? Then remove it lor....pseudo-filterless...

Nizz

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Kelvin,
    It's really up to you. I'm just saying that since this is your first planted tank, i would suggest to not be too ambitious.

Juz my 2 cents worth.
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    actually, i do agree with u and nizz... somemore i saw a hangon filter today at my wet market lfs.. Resun i think.. not bad.. should do just fine for my tank.. perhaps i do just that first for a year or so, then try it again..

in the meantime, i can have more fishes.. yeah!!!!!... hehehe,... perhaps, L46?? hahaha

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Binbeto...

too late.. wish i can read your reply earlier.. me emptied 2.5kg of JBL into the tank.. and now.. whenever i plant or replant the tank, the smelly 'chicken shit' will cloud the water again.. and i dun even have a filter..sigh...and yes.. me is clumsy.. coz me use my hands to do the planting and not tweezers.. now go plants.. anyhow slot them in.. got space, i squeeze.. hahaha
    ----------------

Hope you dun give up after a slight setback...

You can either do a 50% or more water change or redo everything if you have time.

For planting, a tweezer do help a lot. For me, I cheapstake, buy those cheap ones selling at pasar malam. Cost a few dollar only but your whole arm will get wet while using it to plant
    If want to buy this cheap type, buy those that the tip is bend at a slight angle. Think easier to use.

At the same time, can get those cheapo scissor(with those orange plastic cover) at abt $3. In case you dun have a tool for trmming yet.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 3/15/2002 6:54:30 PM

Dea, i bought it from Petmart.. if i know that it gonna smell like that.. i should have waited till go to Teo and collect the shit from those chickens.. saved me that money.. now.. who is the one who told me that day at Gan that JBL fertiliser dun stink... he must have breathing problem.. urgh!!!!!
    ----------------
    No lah, JBL fert doesn't smell. I emptied 2 bags in my tank and used my daughter's toy spade to spread it and make a slope, if it smells I'll definitely smell it in the confines of the tank!

Who else ever has smelly JBL? Maybe you kena counterfeit lah [] []
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    You can either do a 50% or more water change or redo everything if you have time.

Redo everything and smell the whole chicken shit thingie again? u got to be crazy....but changing of water can be arranged...

For planting, a tweezer do help a lot. For me, I cheapstake, buy those cheap ones selling at pasar malam. Cost a few dollar only but your whole arm will get wet while using it to plant
    If want to buy this cheap type, buy those that the tip is bend at a slight angle. Think easier to use. At the same time, can get those cheapo scissor(with those orange plastic cover) at abt $3. In case you dun have a tool for trmming yet.

ok.. will buy that.. dun mind my hand getting wet.. coz i can always emerse it into my marine tank later to do the cleaning....hehehe..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Kel, definitely get the tweezer, it is impossible to plant anything (esp stem plants) properly without it. Remember also every week you will feel the itch to rearrange things, get rid of plants that don't do well and try to squeeze more interesting plants onto the last piece of bare gravel []

If you don't mind spending $20, get a proper long tweezer, first of all it doesn't rust, second you need the length so that you get plant things in a clump, your clumsy... ahh... marine hands would rip up the previous plants in trying to squeeze in another plant.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Redo everything and smell the whole chicken shit thingie again? u got to be crazy....but changing of water can be arranged...

Redo everything as in take out the gravel and give it a good rinse. Then use other form of fertliser..

But that will be money down the drain...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    redoing the tank is a no no... but i did bought a hangon filter to help me to speed up the cycling.. hehehe..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Okay seems like there is no problem here...and JBL doesn't smell of chicken shit...i don't understand what did you do( maybe he did stuff some up his nose) kekekeke

ANy problems we can help we well right guys?
    Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    i know all of u will help me.. judging from the responses that i get.. thanks guys.. help appreciated.. []

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    you should relax in doing it...a 2ft tank barely need 2hrs at the most to finish everything including clearing up washing up the toilet and moping the floor =)
    Cheers!

Benetay

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12