Country
    Singapore

First Planted Tank

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys

Want to share my desktop tank. Pretty satisfied with it since this is the first time i am trying glosso and never expect it to grow well. This is a low tech tank

Tank: 26x22x22
    Light: Up Z Pro LED (White)
    No CO2
    No Chiller

Plants
    Rotala Red
    Glosso
    APP
    The 2 other two not sure

This is the initiate setup

3 weeks later

1 month old

Sharing the second tank beside my planted tank - Corydoras Tank
    30x30x30cm

Thanks for viewing

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: First Planted Tank

Nice! What kind of filtration are you running?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

the growth rate of your first tank is amazing! are you dosing liquid fertilizer?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Very nice tanks.
    The vivarium is nicely done. How did you place soil for the fittonias?
    I am balding but i am still young!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Xanavi View Post
    Nice! What kind of filtration are you running?
    Boyu filter. A small canister filter =)

Quote Originally Posted by misa View Post
    the growth rate of your first tank is amazing! are you dosing liquid fertilizer?
    Yes i am dosing fertilizers - A few drops of seachem fertiliers every 3 days - All kinds.

Quote Originally Posted by Erctheanda View Post
    Very nice tanks.
    The vivarium is nicely done. How did you place soil for the fittonias?
    May i know what's a fittonias ? the pink coloured plants ? I have a basket attached inside the tank and that is where i plant the plants- is located at the back blocked by the woods .. Some of the plants i just shoved that within the branches gap ..

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Yes, fittonia refers to the pink leaf plant. nice contrast.
    Please update on the tanks when you can. Interested to see how to fittonias will turn out. I have them in a pot that are constantly wet.. they did not turn out as expected.. But i look at yours.. must be i did something wrong.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Yes, fittonia refers to the pink leaf plant. nice contrast.
    Please update on the tanks when you can. Interested to see how to fittonias will turn out. I have them in a pot that are constantly wet.. they did not turn out as expected.. But i look at yours.. must be i did something wrong.
    From what i know, these plants cannot be submerged in water for long. I had these plants submerged in water for 1 month and removed them after i learnt that they will rot in water. Using the 1 month period as a benchmark, i will try not to allow the plants to submerge for more than a week, hence you can see they are placed slightly above water level. Water evaporation will help me ensure that these plants will be above water level. By the way i didnt plant them in soil, i just place them within the gaps between the woods.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Good setup. The plant growth on first tank is amazing, even without co2.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by chansl View Post
    From what i know, these plants cannot be submerged in water for long. I had these plants submerged in water for 1 month and removed them after i learnt that they will rot in water. Using the 1 month period as a benchmark, i will try not to allow the plants to submerge for more than a week, hence you can see they are placed slightly above water level. Water evaporation will help me ensure that these plants will be above water level. By the way i didnt plant them in soil, i just place them within the gaps between the woods.
    Leave them between the wood with the roots wet? They will do well? Really curious!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Atham View Post
    Good setup. The plant growth on first tank is amazing, even without co2.
    Thank !! I am quite surprise myself too since i read that they require CO2 and chilled water ... Hope those newbies like me after reading this post will dare to try out glosso. Not that expensive to start one !!

Leave them between the wood with the roots wet? They will do well? Really curious!
    Yup. root in water but leaf above water .. their roots start to get longer. So far they are doing well and surviving. Small leaf starting to grow .. My idea is for them to suck away the nitrate. Cheers ..

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by chansl View Post
    Thank !! I am quite surprise myself too since i read that they require CO2 and chilled water ... Hope those newbies like me after reading this post will dare to try out glosso. Not that expensive to start one !!

Yup. root in water but leaf above water .. their roots start to get longer. So far they are doing well and surviving. Small leaf starting to grow .. My idea is for them to suck away the nitrate. Cheers ..

Good idea. i want to try!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hey chan, really amazed at your achievement in your first tank having success with glosso without pressurised co2. Guess the dosing of excel as mentioned in your reply earlier of the use of varied ferts.

I personally like the planting idea of your cory tank. May I boldly ask of you to list the plants that you are planting in there? Especially those plants that can be semi submersed or should I call it emersed plants.

Thank you for sharing.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by fatmax View Post
    Hey chan, really amazed at your achievement in your first tank having success with glosso without pressurised co2. Guess the dosing of excel as mentioned in your reply earlier of the use of varied ferts.

I personally like the planting idea of your cory tank. May I boldly ask of you to list the plants that you are planting in there? Especially those plants that can be semi submersed or should I call it emersed plants.

Thank you for sharing.
    Thank you for your kind words. Appreciated

I have really no idea of the names of these plants. But i can tell you they were bought from C328. Since this is my first time trying emersed plants, i just bought those plants that the aunty left it outside of the shops without wrapping them up. From there, i roughly know that they can work well for my projects. They are pretty normal, you can easily see them at the plant sections - they are place in a white stereo-form box with little water. I do recognise nana and ferns which were bought there too. For fittonia, my houses have a few pots with different colours, so i can interchange them or add in easily since i didn't tie or plant them in aquatic soil.

Sorry if i cant help much.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Nice! Your glosso grows really fast and spread quite well across the substrate.
    3ft Planted Tank Specs.
    1.5ft Reef Tank
    3.5ft Reef tank

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Very very nice!

And is that LED lamp? Good to see that they are strong enough for capet plants!

I have similar set-ups too, but i got so lazy and fed-up with trimming the stem plans that I replace them all with rosette plants (cryts, blyxia japonic etc).

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by kohanson View Post
    Nice! Your glosso grows really fast and spread quite well across the substrate.
    Thank you !! I am quite surprised too

Quote Originally Posted by gid View Post
    Very very nice!

And is that LED lamp? Good to see that they are strong enough for capet plants!

I have similar set-ups too, but i got so lazy and fed-up with trimming the stem plans that I replace them all with rosette plants (cryts, blyxia japonic etc).
    Yup, mine is UP Z Pro LED light. I also quite lazy so usually will trim when it gets too messy. Like 1 month once ?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Love your first tank! how did you grow and care for fittonia? mine died while floating after 2 weeks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Wow, nice scape! Good job on growing the glosso without CO2, carpeted very well I must say=)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi, may i ask how long do you leave your lights on for?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Just got myself poisoned by what we can do with emersed plants with this kind of set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast