Country
    Singapore

Paedocypris progenetica

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,

I've never seen these fish in our LFS before. Said to be the world's smallest fish. This is how it looks like;

Photo obtained from aqua-minniequ.mo-blog.jp

Not your typical aquarium fish because they are so small that I doubt you would want them to become tasty snacks for other fishes.

Read this thread here. Someone kept them a few years back, which makes it a possibility to see these fish hitting our shores again.
    Currently keeping large predatory fish 🐟

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Paedocypris progenetica

These critters are fragile and not easy to maintain in a standard aquarium without some serious effort. My friend up north in Penang caught a related species from a swamp on the island, and none of them made it home alive, even though they were handled gently and were given the best possible care in transit and back at home. They are just like those Glass Gobies. Nice to look at but difficult to rear.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Paedocypris progenetica

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase this tiny fish in Singapore. Need 100-200 urgently.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormhawk View Post
    These critters are fragile and not easy to maintain in a standard aquarium without some serious effort. My friend up north in Penang caught a related species from a swamp on the island, and none of them made it home alive, even though they were handled gently and were given the best possible care in transit and back at home. They are just like those Glass Gobies. Nice to look at but difficult to rear.