Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Type of trace element.

Type of trace element.

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi, I am new in dosing fert and trace.
    Would like to know the different type of trace that i should dose in my tank.

I saw alot of things on po4 and no3 balance and trace element to rid algae. Currently i am surffing from bga but manage to get the med for it and dose it 3 days back. But i would like to solve the problem from the root.

I am willing to try around different methords to let my plant growth be healty.

The question i would ask is.
    KH2PO4 are the substance that is dose in for po4 right? what is the actual name for it.
    How bout no3 which type is for no3?
    What is K element in tank and what to dose for it? English name and chemical fomular??
    What trace element should be added??? Should i get single type trace or all in 1 fert trace element for a 3ft sump setup tank.

What other things i need to note on this dosing.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Rickotee,

Some articles here and here to help answer your questions.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Type of trace element.

[quote:a09095844f="rickotee"]Currently i am surffing from bga but manage to get the med for it and dose it 3 days back. But i would like to solve the problem from the root.[/quote:a09095844f]

You can use the alternative blackout method as described in this thread http://www.aquaticquotient.com/phpbb...ic.php?t=16041 to solve the BGA problem.

Yes - prevention is better than cure. Get your plants healthy with right dosing in the first place.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

I notice all my fert do not have Calcium and Magnesium.
    I have K2so4, Kh2po4, Kno3 and Lushgro-micros for Trace.
    Do i need to worry about calcium?
    My ferns leaves are like cupped leaves. They just turn to the back of the leaves.
    - Ricko

Tomorrow is decided after today is over.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I use to worry about those two but not anymore. They can come from the tap water if you do water change weekly. Fish food has loads of calcium so does coral if you use them. Those can be measured using your gH. If your gH is ok, don't worry about it.

Re:

[quote:7c72d61e5d="geoffrey"]I use to worry about those two but not anymore. They can come from the tap water if you do water change weekly. Fish food has loads of calcium so does coral if you use them. Those can be measured using your gH. If your gH is ok, don't worry about it.[/quote:7c72d61e5d]

Coral means coral chips right?
    But currently my ferns having tt symtom. What should i do?
    I feed my fish bloodworm only and do bout 30% waterchange per week or so.
    - Ricko

Tomorrow is decided after today is over.