Thread: Project L: journal.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Re: Project L: journal.

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Oh man... this setup is demanding in all aspects... camping here for the development

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Sweet setup! I am always attracted to unusual projects like this. I can't see any styrofoam board below the tank, is it purposely done or it is well hidden?
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Very nice project.
    Could you share where you got this SS inlet & price? Its exactly what I had in mind but can't find a brushed surface design.

[QUOTE=yangqian;745910]A closer look at the SS inlet.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hi yangqian,
    can i ask, have you considered putting the inlet on 1 end of the L tank and outlets on the other end of the L tank? If you have considered, what was the outcome and why you decided to put the outlets at the "zig zag" corner?

I am curious, because in my tank, i once considered to do the same. Not a L shaped tank, a normal longish tank.. with inlet and outlet on opposing ends. I decided otherwise due to not enough clearance for pipes on one end of my tank.
    I am balding but i am still young!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

i must salute you on carrying the tank yourself (with your buddy).
    Inspired by Amano Limited by Yusof Ishak

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hi yangqian,

Wow that's unusual project! cool indeed! Must camp here.

There are something bugging me alot and mind ask you the the white table or rack , can this table be able to withstand the total weight of L tanks, rocks, and everything that nearly 280kg inspite of extra legs. What is the table made of? recycled wood or a normal plywood? I have seen many hobbyists purchased tables or bench from HDB furniture shop or Ikea. They eventually end up bend like Beckham!

My bad experience with my 4ft tall x 3ft long tank 's 75kg coffee-"soild" table which I bought about SGD450 , eventually its turn rot and sag like lousy Ikea table top. That's why I switch to Chengal wood rack for my 300kg tank.
    Hope this will help you..
    Last edited by eddy planer; 17th Oct 2013 at 10:29.
    cheers
    eddy planer

Wanna to read me? Try this

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Lol, buce was declared as mainan ( toys )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

nice tank and setup. looking forward to more pics.. haha

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by BFG View Post
    Sweet setup! I am always attracted to unusual projects like this. I can't see any styrofoam board below the tank, is it purposely done or it is well hidden?
    I use a rubber matt instead of styrofoam as styrofoam has the tendency to turn yellowish after a while.

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Erctheanda View Post
    Hi yangqian,
    can i ask, have you considered putting the inlet on 1 end of the L tank and outlets on the other end of the L tank? If you have considered, what was the outcome and why you decided to put the outlets at the "zig zag" corner?

I am curious, because in my tank, i once considered to do the same. Not a L shaped tank, a normal longish tank.. with inlet and outlet on opposing ends. I decided otherwise due to not enough clearance for pipes on one end of my tank.

Honestly, I have thought of all possibilities. Your arrangement as well as having 1 inlet and outlet on opposite sides of the tank, which will in turn create less hassle for the tank maker too as creating that zigzag design is as troublesome as it can get.

However, I realise a few problems. Having 1 inlet and outlet on opposite ends may cause a dead spot in the middle, especially if the outflow is not strong enough to reach the middle area. In this current arrangement, the most I can do with weaker flow at the ends is to add a wavemaker, or in my case a surface skimmer to create that additional flow. At least there is space for me to do that. As for your suggestion, 2 outlets at one end will have excessive flow on one side and much lesser on the other. I can foresee more algae problems on the outlet side than on the inlet side and also, more inhabitants on the inlet side due to the weaker flow.

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by eddy planer View Post
    Hi yangqian,

Wow that's unusual project! cool indeed! Must camp here.

There are something bugging me alot and mind ask you the the white table or rack , can this table be able to withstand the total weight of L tanks, rocks, and everything that nearly 280kg inspite of extra legs. What is the table made of? recycled wood or a normal plywood? I have seen many hobbyists purchased tables or bench from HDB furniture shop or Ikea. They eventually end up bend like Beckham!

My bad experience with my 4ft tall x 3ft long tank 's 75kg coffee-"soild" table which I bought about SGD450 , eventually its turn rot and sag like lousy Ikea table top. That's why I switch to Chengal wood rack for my 300kg tank.
    Hope this will help you..

It is made of normal plywood. I have personally used this table to create a similar setup before and I noticed minimal bending. Yes, I would not deny that the bending or sagging effect, that is the reason why I had added 3 additional legs to the structure, allowing a more equal distribution of weight. And definitely, it takes alot of effort to ensure that the table is dry. I am lucky that my room is extremely dry, hence humidity do not directly create a problem for the table.

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by milk_vanilla View Post
    Lol, buce was declared as mainan ( toys )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Haha finally someone noticed the 'mainan' part.

My 'mainan'. Hahaha

Feedback Score

Just curious - Your table is one whole set or two added together? I am wondering whether there should be an outer table leg in the middle? (At the centre where two tables join?)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Looks like crystal glass? If it is, it must be very expensive.
    Inspired by Amano Limited by Yusof Ishak

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by yangqian View Post
    I am sorry but what do you mean by variant with optics built in? Mine do have an acrylic sort of "cover" on every led to enhance the dispersion of light.

As for my tank, it it only 30cm in depth and breadth, so I do not think I need to mount the fixture any higher.
    Then should be a optics (focusing lens), from the picture seems like just nice can cover
    I am using the local model now, no optical lens per LED. Just a full acrylic.

That SS holder, looks nice from your picture.
    Learning the hardway, not the highway.
    Photo Blog - impervious-endeavors.blogspot.com

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
    Just curious - Your table is one whole set or two added together? I am wondering whether there should be an outer table leg in the middle? (At the centre where two tables join?)
    It is a 2 piece table top which I connected together. I added 3 pieces of SS connector underneath and fixed 2 legs in between the tables to connect them together.

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by bennyc View Post
    Looks like crystal glass? If it is, it must be very expensive.
    No it is just normal grade glass. Honestly I do not see the difference between normal grade glass and crystal glass. Cheapo eyes maybe. Haha

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by felix_fx2 View Post
    Then should be a optics (focusing lens), from the picture seems like just nice can cover
    I am using the local model now, no optical lens per LED. Just a full acrylic.

That SS holder, looks nice from your picture.
    Do you foresee any difference?

Yes, the SS inlets and outlets looks really good with the holder. Made to complement. I must say it is my best buy.

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Country
    Singapore

Off to my favourite farm. A place I can spend hours there.

Friendliest kiumo uncle. Many of you should find him familiar.

Bought mainly cryptocorynes and carpetting materials. And of course more anubias nana sp.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by yangqian View Post
    No it is just normal grade glass. Honestly I do not see the difference between normal grade glass and crystal glass. Cheapo eyes maybe. Haha
    clarity wise to me not much difference but crystal glass gives off a nice clear edge glow ,guess it show that the tank is transparent like

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast