Feedback Score
    Country
    United States

Exclamation Vicious Leopard Danio..... Help

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Ok so I had 5 long finned danios and a short fin (by accident). Yesterday I came home to only four leopards. 3 long and the short fin. My wife left for work this morning and saw the short fin harassing the long fins. What should I do she couldn't catch him and was almost late for work trying. Please help.....

(sorry for the repost, I think I put it in the wrong spot the first time)

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Vicious Leopard Danio..... Help

Danios will constantly chase one another and this is fairly normal for leopard danios too. It is likely that the missing danio jumped out of your tank. Do you have a cover? If you don't have one on the tank, then check the nooks and crannies. If it's dead you will probably find the carcass somewhere. Long-finned danios are at a disadvantage versus their short-fin brethren, since they swim a lot slower due to the oversized fins. A simple suggestion would be to remove the short-finned one. Just use two nets and you will eventually net it. Need a lot of patience and luck, since these fish are fast and agile swimmers. You can drain the tank for the time being, say 50%, so it reduces the space for the fish to maneuver around, which increases your chances of netting it. Once done just replace the water.

Or do it when lights are off at night with a simple torchlight. Danios will constantly move even at night but their movements are slowed down in the darkness.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    Country
    United States

Thanks a bunch. I'm walking in my apartment now to check on them.

Feedback Score
    Country
    United States

Yay they are all alive! I told the danio that if he doesn't play nice that I would feed him to my parrot, or my beardie lol. Both tanks do have covers but the missing fish wasn't to be found...