3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Fire of the DragonLand

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here

Luckily these sparks of fire will not create Haze to Singapore.
    Last edited by bluebubbles; 8th Nov 2013 at 21:55.

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Fire of the DragonLand

Is that nana petite on the right side of the tank?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by yangqian View Post
    Is that nana petite on the right side of the tank?
    They are a bunch of petite flanking the dragon. Not a difficult plants to grow but cares need to be given as they are prone to algae and yellowing of baby leaves. My wish list is to get a much bigger tank like yours and properly propagate some of my favourite plants in there.

I can only say...huat arh!!
    I want the Fire Red shrimpt so HUAT even more.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Until you mentioned Dragon near the Nana Petite, I totally missed it. Nice setup bluebubbles.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by stormhawk View Post
    Until you mentioned Dragon near the Nana Petite, I totally missed it. Nice setup bluebubbles.
    Thanks. Is an "anyhow-do" tank to keep my favourite plants and let them "huat". The dragon is placed them to support the petite nana, thus is called the dragon land.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I am eyeballing the super tall Cryptos on the right...cannot remember the name though not common and not easy to grow...is it super red now?
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The title below my name does not make me a guru...listen at your own risk!...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I am eyeballing the super tall Cryptos on the right...cannot remember the name though not common and not easy to grow...is it super red now?
    When I first bought this tank years ago, I planted a baby shoot called Wendii Brown (bought from SV). Months later, I removed them from my tank when I realised they were "intrusive". Like weeds, it is quite difficult to rid matured crypto completely because they have roots burried and spread underground like earthworms. A tiny oversight roots can spread, eventually thicken and than bring out shoot. The one you saw on the right of my tank is one of those strayed roots turned matured plants. In fact they also appear in the middle (if you look carefully) and at the back of my tank. I just let it be and eventually grown to like them when they began to blend well with their shiny olive color but I have never seen them red before or not that I know they are supposed to be red in color?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I have only seen this once at BioPlast display tank and they are not common. This Cryptos can grow to a height of 40cm to 60cm...and if the conditions are right, they top side of the leaves is very dark green while the underside is a very bright red.
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The title below my name does not make me a guru...listen at your own risk!...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I have only seen this once at BioPlast display tank and they are not common. This Cryptos can grow to a height of 40cm to 60cm...and if the conditions are right, they top side of the leaves is very dark green while the underside is a very bright red.
    Oh? I didn't know they are rare. I have been throwing them away for years everytime they reappear in my tank. Hmmm.....now really need to treasure them.

nearby Wululand..a nice place northern part of Singkapoh..
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Uncle Blue, the title for this thread should be BUSH FIRE.... lucky no smoke or NEA will visit you again...lol

really nice Fire Reds... very bushy planted tank.... maybe you should try a sea of CRS for your next setup...

Check out my Blog on planted tank, good for newbies ( i am lazy to retype all the info i know, so please click and read below link... i hope you don't fall asleep while reading)
    Link to my Blog

I am not PERFECT but I am LIMITED EDITION !!! BIG Tank comes with BIG Responsibility...as they makan a lot of $$....lol

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by wongce View Post
    Uncle Blue, the title for this thread should be BUSH FIRE.... lucky no smoke or NEA will visit you again...lol

really nice Fire Reds... very bushy planted tank.... maybe you should try a sea of CRS for your next setup...

Oh NEA visited, but they look at the Fire and did nothing. They are more concern of the larva in my toilet gutter.
    Aiyo, my FR is a low-tech shrimp unlike CRS which requires chiller to breed. My next setup will be a sea of Fire Blue or Fire Yellow. You know I very cheapo type, so be patient about my wishlist coming to light.