Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Where to get Malayan Shrimps

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Thanks for the info. Got a bag! Lucky I live in the Clementi area.

Quite a variety of sizes in one bag, from tiny shrimplets to normal adult size. The shrimplets, I guess I will find them when I next clean my canister filter.....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Haha and I was wondering who would it end up with! Was there last night and they had 3 bags (including mine) but I forgot to post My pack had at least 8 berried haha. Was in need of males and I seemed to end up with expensive sources but NOT THIS TIME

Well for your filter problem, what I do is use those bag where garlics are sold in, tie it where the water gets sucked in. Then tie half of it with sponge. It's made of plastic (I think) and I tie it all with fishing line. I tried full sponge but somehow after a few hours the filter will slow down like it can't suck water. Works well for me for years! Shrimps still breed like crazy!

Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States

This thread is a bit stale, but I have a related question: Malayan shrimp are generally not available in the US, and I've been unable to locate a SG wholesaler who will ship them to the US. Does anyone know of a shop here that will ship shrimp overseas, or better yet an exporter that carries Malayans? I know a trans-shipper in the US who can handle the import regulations and such.

I'm in SG right now, and tempted to just carry a bag home with me on the airplane... but the last time I tried to check livestock in my baggage things did not go well

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Malayan shrimp breed fair easily. Maybe, this time you could try packing it in stryfoam box with small holes and use kordon breathing bags.

Since malayan shrimps are very cheap. Buy those pack in 100, even if you are left with a few pieces only, the numbers after breeding for a short time should reach quite a substantial amount.
    Inspired by Amano Limited by Yusof Ishak

Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States

Quote Originally Posted by bennyc View Post
    Malayan shrimp breed fair easily. Maybe, this time you could try packing it in stryfoam box with small holes and use kordon breathing bags.
    Ah, I should've been more specific -- When I was last here the fine fellows at CRS Haven packed a styro box for me and I was all set, but when I arrived at the airport I was told that my airline wouldn't permit me to check the package. That, combined with the new US Security laws barring liquids in carry-on baggage mean that I think I'm much better off shipping by mail. (I could, I suppose, pack and ship a box to myself while I'm still here, but I'd have to get the timing juuuust right.)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Oh.. i see.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi everyone. I'm looking for Malayan shrimp in large quantity too. Too bad I missed the stock from c328.. Anyone knows if they will bring in again? Or other alternative places?
    Much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Every Wednesday evening if I remember correctly but they aren't colourful in my opinion. You can ask the boss when they take in the stock

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Oh thanks! I just went down but I didn't ask. Thanks. Will ask Aunty when I go down again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Call them? Should save you a trip down!
    I know some places that sell them with colours. Hong Yang sells them but for 1 for a dollar if I remember correctly. Other places sell too but I'm not too sure of the price so you might have to check through this thread. The good thing about the higher price is they have shrimps that have colours. And you might be able to get a few berried ones
    Just a heads up, they might look colourless at first at the shop though. But colours up pretty fast back home. Good luck!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Seaview, carry them on a regular basis. Stock mostly comes in sat. But it is better to call them to bring in the stock. Most of the time, it is snap up by weekends customers or the suppliers have no stock. Do not worry about color. If your tank condition is good, they become very colourful.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hey guys! For the malayan shrimps is it still a red dollar for 100 pieces at seaview?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Swordz bro. This forum, it do not need to need code. In fact it is against the rules to use code. Not like some other forum. By the way, if i never remember wrongly. Small sized 100 malayans is 12 and big sized ones are at 15.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

hmm i remember i did saw a pack of 100 pieces of malaya shrimps at seaview $25 about a week ago (not sure if i remembered/seen wrongly hehe).

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Arron Miyuki View Post
    Call them? Should save you a trip down!
    I know some places that sell them with colours. Hong Yang sells them but for 1 for a dollar if I remember correctly. Other places sell too but I'm not too sure of the price so you might have to check through this thread. The good thing about the higher price is they have shrimps that have colours. And you might be able to get a few berried ones
    Just a heads up, they might look colourless at first at the shop though. But colours up pretty fast back home. Good luck!
    hi there, is hong yang a local fish shop (lfs) as well ?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by sixhunter View Post
    hmm i remember i did saw a pack of 100 pieces of malaya shrimps at seaview $25 about a week ago (not sure if i remembered/seen wrongly hehe).
    Haha, do not think malayan command such high price. Super inflation, if that is true.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Ya lorh, suddenly spike... Anyone wants to share the small malayans? I need around 20 pieces small size ones

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I got the bag to pack them up if you guys wanna share

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by bennyc View Post
    Swordz bro. This forum, it do not need to need code. In fact it is against the rules to use code. Not like some other forum. By the way, if i never remember wrongly. Small sized 100 malayans is 12 and big sized ones are at 15.
    Haha paiseh I didn't know lol, cause I always see forumers post liddat

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Six hunter is right, the price for malayan is $25 for 100 for the past 3 weeks, before that is $18

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast