Images
    Country
    Singapore

iron recovery?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    how long will it for my plants that are turning transparent to recover back to green leaves? i am dosing Lushgro-micros 2 drops once a day.
    Founder of theWaterBox

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    For your info, lushgro micros does not contain any form of macros which plants need a lot more than micros. You might want to provide us with more details of your tank parameters or else what you get is just pure wild guesses..

Regards
    Peter Gwee

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    btw im suffering from iron deficiency.
    Founder of theWaterBox

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Prec,

Iron deficiency? Oh dear ... Anyway, you can get some iron tablets from Pharmacy. It's probably the same type our bloodbank gives out after a donation. :P

If you are refering to your plants, then you will need to look at your current dosage of LG Micros and other macros. Lushgro Micros contains quite a bit of Fe (and too little of anything else IMO). If your plants are still not getting enough of it, you are probably not dosing it right.
    ThEoDoRe

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    *fall off from the chair in the background* Ha Ha...

Why dun u try ALife Iron Supplement (S$9-12), a 2ml-5ml for 3 ft would be good for every 2 - 3 weeks. 10ml and u r inviting troubles.

Anyway, you should add up the rest of ur nutrients which contains iron first before ascertaining that you have a difficency in iron, then use the tank calculator to guage where u would be heading. (yes do a web search)

^^" I forgot to add FE calculator too on my website, u can use the calculator if u want to.

http://freehost20.websamba.com/TechDome/cal.asp

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    [quote:8f5eaea0ef="KnightStriker"]
    Why dun u try ALife Iron Supplement (S$9-12), a 2ml-5ml for 3 ft would be good for every 2 - 3 weeks. 10ml and u r inviting troubles.
    [/quote:8f5eaea0ef]

KnightStriker, I don't see why the fact that 10ml of this iron supplement is going to invite trouble as you mention although I don't feel that there is a need for it as long as you dose enough of those all in one traces like flourish or TMG.

What kind of trouble will you have if you were to dose 10ml of this iron product? Algae? I can go wild with TMG and dose 15ml 3x a week on my 20 gallon tank with no issues at all as long as I keep up on my N,P,K,GH and CO2. Something is not right if you say that iron is causing algae.

Regards
    Peter Gwee

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Ah dear gwee gwee ar,

as u know, Seachem stuff contains FE but not enough ley. So adding further does make sense for the plant.

u try lor and see what happen to the color of your plants when u overdose the FE.

who said anything abt algae.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    KnightStriker, iron is just a mere trace element. Plants uptake of traces is subtle and does not cause the condition that you mention. It also requires you keep the N,P,K,GH and CO2 pretty consistent during the testing period in order to determine the trace effect. Going iron mania again? I don't bother with it...I'm more concern of the CO2 and NO3.

Regards
    Peter Gwee

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I dun id my plants, so generally I will observe the color the each plants. Once color changes in an abnormal way, I'd be concern abt it. Eg. Green to yellow, Green to darkish, or simply bga effects.

my proud double filteration and double CO2 system makes me very comfortable with Co2 controls whilst my way of treating water puts me at ease with things.

Used to have Tall plants in a week. Now controlled until average once or twice a month. You can say I am comfortable with plant growth at the moment.
    --------------
    Used to have FE problems until BCLee corrected me as I din pay attention to the FE content on the Seachem products.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    so overdosing of iron will cause the plants to turn yellow and then black? Vallisneria tortifolia turned yellow and black at its tip. but its leaves are sligthly transparent. so how shld i go abt my dosing? my co2 system is fine, doing 1 bps.
    Founder of theWaterBox

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    prec, I am no good with chemistry but I'd say if BCLee is around, he'd be able to give u a better perspective.

I would take the FE testkit, PH testkit, KH and GH testkit, measure my current settings, then read the whatever u are dosing to see where I am heading. It will better aid in trouble-shooting with the guys here with more readings about your tank.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Yikes! It's really hard to tell you what's going wrong with bits and pieces of info. It's mostly pointing to macro-nutrient deficiencies.

You need to tell us more... cut and paste this form -> http://www.aquaticquotient.com/phpbb...pic.php?p=7182
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.