Country
    India

HELP: Eye fungus and ich

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hello!

Please help me solve this problem I m worried sick and I don't want fish to die on my watch!
    My female black molly has developed a cloudy eye with a white lump on the lens top.
    She also has a whitish patch in the dorsal, do note, a patch not a dot.
    This tank had a resident that died from rich in another tank, but I be read that it persists in your filter. I'm really upset about this, I just resumed my hobby and this is proving to be very discouraging, would love to hear from the more experienced keepers!

I have my australe killies coming in, possibly a pair of gardneri tomorrow and two mollies, two bettas, I had enough space but with this tank becoming so out of control things are looking bad. I have two 30 gallons, unfilled though, worst comes to worst I could fill em up. Presently filled are : 15 g: mollies,their kids 5 g: Betta, want to move the australe in here, 2.5 jar betta. Please please just help me get back into the hobby, even my plants are dying: GSA, BBA :'(

I've almost given up because I have never cured a fish successfully.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: HELP: Eye fungus and ich

you did not quarantine the fishes you bought from elsewhere?

Feedback Score
    Country
    India

At the time the were the first fish in the tank. Didn't think I had to

Sent from my B1-A71 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Lagi confused..... how many tanks do you have and how come you have 2 30 gallon tanks laying around...

So your 15G molly tank had a fish that die due to ICH? If it is, recommend that you treat the whole tank for ICH, both the donor tank and the tank it died in.

Leave the Betta as it is

Do you have disease-free media that has some GB on it? You should use the media to set up QT tank(s) and not add your new gardneri, molly or bettas into any existing tanks till your main tanks are cleared up.
    If you do not have clean media, you may want to delay all the rest of the fish and ideally attempt a fish-less cycle.

Feedback Score
    Country
    India

Okay, but I'm confused as to the best way to treat ich. Tomorrow I'll be boiling the filter media and housing carefully. But I can't risk meth blue in my tank! The stains take ages to go and I have plants, not sure what to do.

Sent from my B1-A71 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Some plants will definitely dieI used the heat n salt treatment, 32C + 1 teaspoon of salt per gallon.The plants had issues but the fishes are recovering fine