6 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Fenbendazole

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys, looking for a dewormer with only fenbendazole in it.. Any bros/sis here know where i can get it off the shelve or vets that sells them without having to bring my pet to see them?

Feedback Score

Re: Fenbendazole

Is that in small packet form? I saw some at C328 today, near counter area. Not sure if it is 100% fenbendazole in it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

you need to have a vet prescribe it to you, I believe. Levimasole too.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Dewormers available commercially is Praziquantel, which is present in some medications like Prazi-Gold and API's General Cure I believe.

You can find fenbendazole or flubendazole in a mix with other ingredients for dewormers used for cats, dogs, rabbits, mice/hamsters and birds. I remember seeing them as part of the mix for a bird dewormer. Their efficiency and reaction in fish is not known when used as a combination mix with other drugs. Levamisole can only be obtained here via a vet, as it is meant specifically for livestock only.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I think locally available dog dewormers use febental. You can use it as food medication but not water column medication. The dog medication I used was Drontal Plus, which is febental + pyrental + praziquental. I'm not sure about bird medication, but if someone can locate it and identify the active ingredients we can analyze further.

The problem with praziquental is that it kills only tapeworms and not other kinds of worms. That's why it is good to use in conjunction with flubendazole/ fenbendazole/ levimasol

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I did see Drontal being recommended online on other forums. Bird medication you can probably find at those big pet stores like Pet Safari, Pet Mart etc that stock the stuff. I knew I saw one containing fenbendazole one time. Had a budgie on the artwork for the label.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Drontal Plus cannot be used for water column dosage. It will burn the fish badly. Recommended use if I remember correctly is to crush 2 tablets in 1kg of food mix together with an appropriate dose of metronidazole (can't remember how many mg). That food mix can be used as a deworming feed every few months for your fish