Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Upgrading to bigger tank

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all, I currently have a 30l tank with couple of fishes and am thinking of upgrading to a 60l tank. So would like to find out the process and steps of how I can safely move the occupants over to their new home. Hope experts here can give some guide in doing so!
    Thanks in advance!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Upgrading to bigger tank

Hi, it's relatively easy what you need to do is prepare a big container like those Toyogo types and transfer the 30L tank water into it also remember to have a air pump for your transfer fishes. After this process you may start to dismantle the 30L tank and start with your new project!
    New 2ft Project Coming Up
    Aquascaping since 2006-Present

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Once you have setup the new 60L tank and made sure it's fully cycled... just drip acclimate the fishes to the new tank's water before transferring them over.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi thanks for the advice!. So do I have to use like half of the water from my current tank took with the new water in new tank?

nearby Wululand..a nice place northern part of Singkapoh..
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Its always good to reuse the water from the old tank to reduce stress on lifestocks.

Check out my Blog on planted tank, good for newbies ( i am lazy to retype all the info i know, so please click and read below link... i hope you don't fall asleep while reading)
    Link to my Blog

I am not PERFECT but I am LIMITED EDITION !!! BIG Tank comes with BIG Responsibility...as they makan a lot of $$....lol

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Country
    Singapore

1. Do make sure the new tank is fully cycled
    2. Remember to acclimatize the livestocks properly as most probably the water parameters would be (slightly) different

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Currently I am in the midst of cycling my 2ft tank, I intend to migrate the livestocks and plant from my nano tank to this. I am contemplating to recycle the matured nano tank water as the substrate was infested with planaria, though the condition have seem improved after introduction of baby guppies. What do you guys think?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

pour some old water to the new tank

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Aventador View Post
    Currently I am in the midst of cycling my 2ft tank, I intend to migrate the livestocks and plant from my nano tank to this. I am contemplating to recycle the matured nano tank water as the substrate was infested with planaria, though the condition have seem improved after introduction of baby guppies. What do you guys think?
    Usually if there are any known problems or issues in the previous tank, it'll be better not to transfer the water over (in case the problems also get transferred over too)... though planaria shouldn't be much of a problem when you have fishes in the new tank anyways, so i guess it should be okay.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

To be safe,better dont transfer the water over.
    You do not want planaria problem in your new tank.
    Watch your feeding, planaria outbreaks often occur due to overfeeding, too much excess food at the bottom of the aquarium which provides an excellent environment for them to thrive. Improperly cleaned aquariums in general can cause outbreaks too.