Country
    Singapore

Dennerle ph controller

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hi guys,
    recently i got the ph controller but im quite unsure of some things..
    im currently using it in conjunction with my exisiting jbj solenoid..

my question is when the ph is too low, the co2 gets cut off by a dennerle solenoid vavle connected to the controller. however at the co2 cylinder end, co2 still pumps and gets 'stuck' between the jbj regulator and the dennerle solenoid vavle and unable to flow thru. And when the ph increases and the solenoid turns on, co2 comes rushing thru the tubes and into the tank because the pressure of co2 build up when the dennerle solenoid blocks it from flowing.. is this normal? and will it cause co2 leakage due to the build up of pressure within the tubes?

another question is that is there a need for the jbj solenoid or will a normal regulator suffice? this is because i noticed that if i leave the jbj solenoid on the whole day, in the night the dennerle solenoid gets turn on and resulting in co2 being pumped into the tank.. will this be alright? or is there really a need for the jbj solenoid to be there?

Also, i do not know much abt dennerle regulators, from the manual, it says that a dennerle regulator be used and it seems that it is just a regulator and doesn't come with a solenoid, so will a normal regulator suffice or shld i stay with my jbj solenoid and have it on a timer so that it switches off at night?

Advice would be appreciated..
    Thanks...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Dennerle ph controller

[quote:4e44e655f3="M0rph3us"]Another question is that is there a need for the JBJ solenoid or will a normal regulator suffice?[/quote:4e44e655f3]

You sound terribly confused.

By the way, a solenoid (or night cut off valve) is a totally different piece of equipment from the CO2 regulator.

Give me a call when you have time and I'll explain it to you. Seem like you have the set up wrong.

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    From what I understand of your post...

You only need 1 solenoid.

You should not be controlling the CO2 via timer anymore. The purpose of the timer is to shut off CO2 at night to prevent buildup. Since you are now using a pH controller, the controller will keep the CO2 levels constant... even at night. So there is no need to cut off the CO2 at night. In fact that will prevent the pH controller from operating properly by cutting off it's supply of CO2.

The JBJ solenoid should consist of a regulator and a solenoid. You should be able to remove the JBJ solenoid and attach the Dennerle one (provided Dennerle parts follow "industry standards" in terms of size and thread, etc).

The simplest is just connect the JBJ solenoid to the power socket on the pH controller. Then you can stop using the Dennerle solenoid.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

my question is when the ph is too low, the co2 gets cut off by a dennerle solenoid vavle connected to the controller. however at the co2 cylinder end, co2 still pumps and gets 'stuck' between the jbj regulator and the dennerle solenoid vavle and unable to flow thru. And when the ph increases and the solenoid turns on, co2 comes rushing thru the tubes and into the tank because the pressure of co2 build up when the dennerle solenoid blocks it from flowing.. is this normal?

Ans: Yes it is normal, u can try to reduce the distant between the 2 solenoids or use high pressure tube to minimise problem.

and will it cause co2 leakage due to the build up of pressure within the tubes?

Ans: Very likely, might even burst if pressure is too great!

another question is that is there a need for the jbj solenoid or will a normal regulator suffice?

Ans: You can sell your existing JBJ and get a double stage manual regulator, as the JBJ solenoid is redundant.

this is because i noticed that if i leave the jbj solenoid on the whole day, in the night the dennerle solenoid gets turn on and resulting in co2 being pumped into the tank.. will this be alright? or is there really a need for the jbj solenoid to be there?

Ans: Dennerle solenoid turns on bcos your PH has went above the set value, so this is normal. As I said the JBJ is redundant.

Also, i do not know much abt dennerle regulators, from the manual, it says that a dennerle regulator be used and it seems that it is just a regulator and doesn't come with a solenoid, so will a normal regulator suffice or shld i stay with my jbj solenoid and have it on a timer so that it switches off at night?

You should not use a timer at all, the PH controller will regulate the CO2 flow as and when the PH value change!
    Make sure u get a double stage regulator, not neccessory to be Dennerle's.

Mike

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

[quote:17714134c5="M0rph3us"]hi guys,
    recently i got the ph controller but im quite unsure of some things..
    im currently using it in conjunction with my exisiting jbj solenoid..

my question is when the ph is too low, the co2 gets cut off by a dennerle solenoid vavle connected to the controller. however at the co2 cylinder end, co2 still pumps and gets 'stuck' between the jbj regulator and the dennerle solenoid vavle and unable to flow thru. And when the ph increases and the solenoid turns on, co2 comes rushing thru the tubes and into the tank because the pressure of co2 build up when the dennerle solenoid blocks it from flowing.. is this normal? and will it cause co2 leakage due to the build up of pressure within the tubes?

another question is that is there a need for the jbj solenoid or will a normal regulator suffice? this is because i noticed that if i leave the jbj solenoid on the whole day, in the night the dennerle solenoid gets turn on and resulting in co2 being pumped into the tank.. will this be alright? or is there really a need for the jbj solenoid to be there?

Advice would be appreciated..
    Thanks...

[/quote:17714134c5]

You can connect your JBJ solenoid direct to the pH controller. You can omit the Dennerle night cut-off unit.

If you are using a pH controller, you do not have to use a timer for night cut off. The pH controller will maintain the right CO2 level in your water. (Provided you regularly calibrate your pH probe and maintain consistent KH level.)

BC

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    how much does a ph controller cost? is it really effective?