60P Pride Rock

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Just started this setup,

Adding Co2 today,

Cant wait for the bedding to grow out.

Thinking of adding a tree in the corner with flame moss. The problem with that is, it will throw off the rock arrangements (Pride Rock).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: 60P Pride Rock

nice! where did you get your rocks from? need some rocks to go with my wood

Feedback Score
    Country
    Canada

I am in Canada, the place i got it from doesn't ship internationally. You might want to check out www.angelfins.ca They have some good rocks.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

oops! didnt see that you are from canada. Anyways good luck for your project!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Interesting way you position the lily pipes... and i see you are using the "violet" outflow design. I've tried those before and they create a much narrower (and faster) flow stream compared to the wider mouth lily designs, supposedly good for narrow/longer tanks. You may need to adjust its position to reduce dead spots though, due to its narrower flow stream design.

In addition, perhaps consider positioning the lily pipe outflow and inflow close together on the same side (either the left or right) of the tank (aka ADA style), like this:

Source: UKAPS

That position will create the optimal circular flow that lily pipes are designed for.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Canada

I'll do that tonight. I don't think I'll be able to move the outflow because the tube is too short. But, i can move the inflow closer to the outflow. Would that work?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Canada

The Ada stand is way too expensive. The stand I am using is from ikea. I had to cut and modify to allow room for the filter, in the back. I can definitely put the diffuser at the suggested location. I'll post a pic when it's done.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Yeah, for lily pipes to be positioned at the same side, the stand or cabinet will need to have holes cut at the sides for easier hose routing. I guess you could also just use longer hoses to wrap them around to the side too.
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Bdat View Post
    I'll do that tonight. I don't think I'll be able to move the outflow because the tube is too short. But, i can move the inflow closer to the outflow. Would that work?
    That wont work. why not get a few L connectors and connect the hose in a way that you can position the outflow to the side.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Canada

Here is the current update,

I had to buy a new stand, the Ikea stand was cheap but was not functional. This one cost about 200$ and looks really good, most importantly, it matches the furniture in the house. I will look into the L connectors. I did not get some time to get the hoses fixed yet. Also looking into potentially just cutting the 2 small holes on the side to run the pipe through.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Nice cabinet... almost looks like it was custom made for the tank.

Just use longer hoses to route around to the side and connect to the glass lily pipes (save the hassle and mess of cutting additional holes on the side).
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Canada

Your probably right, cutting it would ruin the stand.

The stand was not custom made but might as well have been, I found it on this site. You seem to doing a lot of custom setups. You might wanna check out their site. They are located in Markham, Ontario, Canada but they would probably ship out stuff to you. Check out the site.

http://www.aquainspiration.com/default.asp

I just found these guys on some forum. Their stuff is really good and amazing quality.

The stand that I bought is made in Japan, and is real authentic wood. When I was putting it together, I was really surprised at the level of quality.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Canada

Planning on getting some shrimps and a few otto's next Monday. How many ottos should I be putting in a 17 gallon, I currently have 9 neons in it. Also want to add some red and white glass shrimps not for functionality but for the look.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Bdat View Post
    Planning on getting some shrimps and a few otto's next Monday. How many ottos should I be putting in a 17 gallon, I currently have 9 neons in it. Also want to add some red and white glass shrimps not for functionality but for the look.
    2-3 otos will be good for a start, better to pick the smaller ones as they will naturally have lower starting bio-loads (and smaller appetites) based on body mass, compared to the larger ones... helps to reduce the initial load on your tank's bio-filtration, especially in a newly established tank.
    Last edited by Urban Aquaria; 14th Dec 2013 at 03:58.
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Beautiful cabinet..it is a perfect fit

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Nicely done.

The cabinet lights (internal compartment) are red. is it by design or choice? I find that working in a room with red lights to be annoying..
    I am balding but i am still young!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Canada

Well, I had those lights lying around. I dont really turn them on unless i am changing the pressure on the co2 or when I am am taking out the filter to clean. If i had it my way, I would get white lights. The wife would kill me if i go buy lights. LOL.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Canada

Livestock!!!!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Canada

The bedding is growing in really fast. Each of the plants only had 2-5 leaves when I initially planted them. I am getting roughly 2-3 new leaves a day. 6 hours of lighting with co2. Also the line up of fluorish products.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Love the new growth and rock arrangement!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast