Country
    Singapore

Cool Restarting my shrimp tank. IDEAS?~~

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hey guys i do up my shrimp tank again~~

I use to have a tank with fire red shrimps but it became seriously infested with seedshrimps
    and in an effort to trap them my dad murdered my shrimps. I think the shrimps were stressed out by his constant removal of the so called trap.

And anyways i was thinking of heading down to GC to redo the landscape as previously i was just using randomly bought black and white sand. So this time i wanna start right.
    With nicer flora as well. and maybe a small piece of driftwood.

Any opinion guys? I see that many people are recommending ada amazonia.

ALL INPUTS ARE WELCOME

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Restarting my shrimp tank. IDEAS?~~

For my limited knowledge......seed shrimps to me is not considered an infection..lol.

just dun overfeed and ur planaria and seed shrimps won't expand too much.

GEX and ADA are two popular brands to get for your gravel.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Right now, I'm kinda in the same situation as you. I used to have a tank with driftwood, sand and moss. I decided to redo the tank due to my shrimps dying in batches.

Anyway, right now, I'm using RAC soil, instead of ADA Amazonia because of the color (RAC soil is brown while ADA is black and the shrimps that I'm planning to get are black). Both are good soils for neocaridina and caridina and i got the RAC soil purely for the color. You can also consider borneowild shrimp soils.

I plan to decorate the tanks with various plants as I have another similar tank setup with great success. The plants help to keep the NO3 levels low.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Do also remember that not only is the choice of substrate important, but also the choice of conditioners, Minerals and additives that you add in to create the perfect blend.

Just my 2cts.
    Shrimps Watching.
    Voted No.1 as Stress Reliever & Anti-Depressant.

Fine prints: Please learn to keep them alive successfully before applying.

http://shrimpsredefined.wordpress.com/

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by tureblue82 View Post
    For my limited knowledge......seed shrimps to me is not considered an infection..lol.

just dun overfeed and ur planaria and seed shrimps won't expand too much.

GEX and ADA are two popular brands to get for your gravel.
    Haha they were literally everywhere. Swarming all over the sand. I know there are not harmful but it was just frustrating to see so many of them. I think the conditions were very good hahahah but thankfully there wasnt any planarias. haha.

Quote Originally Posted by xuan87 View Post
    Right now, I'm kinda in the same situation as you. I used to have a tank with driftwood, sand and moss. I decided to redo the tank due to my shrimps dying in batches.

Anyway, right now, I'm using RAC soil, instead of ADA Amazonia because of the color (RAC soil is brown while ADA is black and the shrimps that I'm planning to get are black). Both are good soils for neocaridina and caridina and i got the RAC soil purely for the color. You can also consider borneowild shrimp soils.

I plan to decorate the tanks with various plants as I have another similar tank setup with great success. The plants help to keep the NO3 levels low.

Yeah i Ron at GC recommended me borneowild and since i wasnt really familiar with my stuff so i would rather just listen to what the experts have to say. Anyway i plan on getting my shrimps from them and their tanks all have borneo wild substrates.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Do also remember that not only is the choice of substrate important, but also the choice of conditioners, Minerals and additives that you add in to create the perfect blend.

Just my 2cts.

Hmm what Minerals and additives do you recommend? Is it like necessary dossage or just just to adjust the water?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Anyways this is the before picture of my tank.

Followed by the after picture and this new plant which i find really cute haha.

sorry for the way the picture are attached i could not get it to work with the [img][img] format.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

For Minerals, you can use either Mosura or BW.

As for conditioners/additives, you can get either BW BacterCrystal or Mosura BT-9. They are both BB cultivations in powder form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shrimps Watching.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Bro, just came to my mind... You may alternatively visit Aquarist Chamber for Low Keys or RAC products for a try. You may also look at how their tanks are set up for inspiration. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shrimps Watching.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Thumbs up Re: Restarting my shrimp tank. IDEAS?~~

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Bro, just came to my mind... You may alternatively visit Aquarist Chamber for Low Keys or RAC products for a try. You may also look at how their tanks are set up for inspiration. Hope this helps.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Redo my tank using Aquarist Chamber stuffs n lots of different varieties of nice shrimps. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Just went to AC on Sunday. I must say it is an impressive shrimp focus shop. Did you restart using RAC products? Any review bro?